How to shut off low tire pressure light?

munck
12-24-2006, 08:32 PM
HI, had a low tire on our windstar and the low tire pressure light came on. I read the owners manual and it said to press the trip odometer until reset tire sensors appeared, I have tried this different ways and different lengths of time and can't get it to work. Anyone had any experience with this? Thanks for your help!

catvents
12-25-2006, 02:23 AM
HI, had a low tire on our windstar and the low tire pressure light came on. I read the owners manual and it said to press the trip odometer until reset tire sensors appeared, I have tried this different ways and different lengths of time and can't get it to work. Anyone had any experience with this? Thanks for your help!
You have a switch on your dash, on the left side of the steering column indicate "tire reset". You have to depress the switch until the light in the dash, start to flash. Release that switch and the light will stop to glow.
Don't forget to take a look on your tires because probably on of them has a lower pressure. My book indicate to depress that switch, not the trip meter reset; my van is 2001 model and this apply to 1999 and up and I don't know for earlier models.

road_rascal
12-25-2006, 09:37 AM
The light will also illuminate when you have too high of pressure- such as driving high speeds long distances on the interstate. Mine went off at 44 psi a few summers ago when the outside temp was about 100F. Tires were at 36 psi when we started the trip :eek7: .

garync1
12-25-2006, 06:27 PM
I got a new Freestar.. you got-a add air before it will go out out...

SLINKY1973
01-20-2007, 09:58 PM
to reset the switch turn the key to "ON" (don't start it) and then press and hold the reset button.

CobraOwner
04-04-2007, 12:56 PM
Just a helpful note...
There aren't any "Pressure Sensors" on the my 04 Freestar. Tire pressure is monitored using the ABS sensors. When a tire is turning at a faster rate of speed than the others for a period of time due to low pressure, the warning indicator tells you that a tire is low. A worn tire can also cause the warning indicator to come on.

I hope this info is useful!

Add your comment to this topic!