Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 park ave dying

paula hulet
12-23-2006, 03:34 AM
it started out at first when i would try and start it. after alittle while it will start up. now it is also dying when i am driving down the road. it acts like it is not getting gas when it does not start.

maxwedge
12-23-2006, 09:22 AM
Welcome to AF. This broad a question requires some basic diagnostics, do you have good fuel pressure on the no start, sufficient spark?

beckyboodles83
12-26-2006, 09:40 PM
I have a similar problem. Mine started dying when I brake. I had the fuel injectors cleaned, thinking it may be clogged. It did seem to run smoother, but it died again yesterday. Today, the service engine soon light has come on twice but the car didn't die. Any ideas?

HondaManDan
12-26-2006, 11:43 PM
Time for a new fuel-pump and fuel-lines fellas.... First, go to the parts store and get a replacement fuel-filter first... see if that frees up the line... if not, you've got a major problem between the fuel tank and the injectors.

Before you start the car, turn the ignition ON and listen to the back-seat. It should hum a little (the fuel pump is directly under it). If you hear NO, LOW, or the hum STARTS then STOPS... it's time for a new pump.

Look under the car and see if you can smell fuel anywhere as well.

Good luck.

Dan

Alibi
12-27-2006, 12:04 AM
Get a fuel pressure gauge after you replace the fuel filter. A good pump ought to run around 40PSI.

Another possibility would be a faulty coil/icm.

Get those diagnostic codes in the mean time!

Add your comment to this topic!