Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Hard Starting

Gymmy23
12-22-2006, 07:46 AM
Hi,

The last few days i have had a hard time starting my 94 Chevy Pickup in the morning. It cranks for about 5 or 6 second, (which it never does) and then begins to start. And runs rough for a few seconds. It amost sounds like it not getting enough gas. Then after that, the rest of the day it starts fine. I dont know if its the cold? I heard the fuel pump come on when i first turn the key. And i checked the battery. My friend said it could be the fuel pump. I havent taken it to the garage yet. I wanted to see what you guys had to say first. Is there any test i can try at home?

Thansk

Jim

maxwedge
12-22-2006, 09:22 AM
Test the fuel pressure 9-13, scan it and make sure the coolant temp sensor matches the air temp on cold start. replace the fuel filter also.

Scrapper
12-22-2006, 10:20 AM
i have same problem with my s-10..ok once i get it started and get it warmed up the rest of the day it will start right up...then if i let it set over night and it rains or snows is when it does not want to start.so when i get it started warm it up a little shut it off i spray wire dry on my cap,wires and coil. then if i go out next day it will start right up with wire dry on it..don't sray it tho until it started and warmed up a little...and spray the hell of all the things i told you even if that has coil pack...
and let me know if it works for you.. because i have to crank the hell out of it to get stated unless i keep wire dry on it...you can get it at autozone,advanced or any parts store and it does work..GOOD LUCK.and let me know......

SCRAPPER.......

Scrapper
12-22-2006, 10:21 AM
i have same problem with my s-10..ok once i get it started and get it warmed up the rest of the day it will start right up...then if i let it set over night and it rains or snows is when it does not want to start.so when i get it started warm it up a little shut it off i spray wire dry on my cap,wires and coil. then if i go out next day it will start right up with wire dry on it..don't sray it tho until it started and warmed up a little...and spray the hell of all the things i told you even if that has coil pack...
and let me know if it works for you.. because i have to crank the hell out of it to get stated unless i keep wire dry on it...you can get it at autozone,advanced or any parts store and it does work..GOOD LUCK.and let me know......

SCRAPPER.......

Add your comment to this topic!