Page updated on 07-21-2018

CRV 2001 Check

tareq75
12-20-2006, 11:35 PM
Hii there... im new to the site,, but it seems to be a real cool one!
we all share a common thing: Car NOT 100% ok! :)

Well, i bought my CRV 2001 couple of months ago, it was A-Ok! (as always happen!) went to change some oils and check for belts and brakes, found out the Check engine light was REMOVED from its place! when it was replaced it let on, they did a computer reset, it was off.. i used unleaded fuel as indicated.. after 2 days it was on again, computer showed Oxygen sensor 1 low. it reset, and all ok again, then it was coming on about every2-3 days! i learnt how to reset computer, but i need a permanent solution for all of this fuss...should i change the O2 sensor? or go back to dealer?

problem 2: car electricity and lights dim sometimes as soon as i push on gas pedal, then restores in 2 secs. and when i get my foot off pedal, it shines quite briiliant for a sec or half a sec. then goes back to normal light.. could this be from a faulty Power generator? or what could it be?

hope to hear from you soon guys.. and many thanks in advance :)

MishaA
12-21-2006, 12:12 AM
not sure about your first problem, but your second one definitely sounds like you need to check your alternator

tareq75
12-21-2006, 08:47 AM
Thanks Misha, my mech. told me he wants to check the Valves! i doubt he knows what he is suspecting to cause this, i do feel its a power generator fault, as things get better when i turn the AC on!!

Add your comment to this topic!