Help!! Locked myself out.

mbt_2000
12-20-2006, 06:23 PM
I locked myself out of my '99 Dodge Ram. Both sets of keys are inside. I live in a small town so I have no one to turn to. No AAA and no toying service. How do I get in?

HEMIDAZE
12-20-2006, 07:21 PM
Around here if they are not busy, the local cops will come and "break in" for you. I called them last year and they were there in 15 minutes. And then he opened the door in 30 seconds.

crazys182003
12-20-2006, 08:12 PM
here the cops will only open it if you locked a kid in the vehicle. I locked myself out once with my truck when I first got it I got in via my rear sliding window. I'm not a big guy though only 5'7" and 125 pounds. I was lucky at that time the rear slider was the dual slider which is prone to break ins just need a small screwdriver. But now I got a single slider dunno if I would still be able to but maybe. Also dunno if it would work on a truck or not but I have gotten into a car at work once with a framing square it was thin and acted like a slim jim.

yelladog
12-21-2006, 04:12 PM
You can u nlock any Chrysler vehicle with another Chrysler key as long as they are the same style (keyed on both sides). The trick is to push and pull the key in and out of the lock repeatedly in a quick pace. As you do this turn the key ever so slightly to the side that unlocks it. After a few attempts the tumblers will go into their position that they have been in so many times before ( kinda like a mechanical memory).

Add your comment to this topic!