Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Spark Plug Wire Diagram 1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse 1.8

CaffeineTripp
12-20-2006, 01:56 PM
That title pretty much says it. As someone once said "I tore out the spark plug wires in a fit of rage." Of course, mine was a fit of curiosity. In any case, I keep reading that the firing order is 1342. Alright, I understand that, peice of cake. If you're looking at the engine the order of the plugs/cylinders is 4321. Alright, again, piece of cake. What I don't understand is "from left to right, 4123." On the coil pack, it doesn't go from left to right, it goes clockwise. So, starting at the far left, and moving clockwise, (such as...
"
4---2
").
Is that the correct order for the spark plugs on the coil pack when looking at the coil pack from inside the vehicle?

And by the way, I've looked for this information, but have found none that is useful. I actually searched for it across the internet for about an hour, nothing good. So I'm hoping that this thread will help those like me, the people who get into fits of curiosity.

defiancy
12-20-2006, 02:05 PM
That title pretty much says it. As someone once said "I tore out the spark plug wires in a fit of rage." Of course, mine was a fit of curiosity. In any case, I keep reading that the firing order is 1342. Alright, I understand that, peice of cake. If you're looking at the engine the order of the plugs/cylinders is 4321. Alright, again, piece of cake. What I don't understand is "from left to right, 4123." On the coil pack, it doesn't go from left to right, it goes clockwise. So, starting at the far left, and moving clockwise, (such as...
"
4---2
").
Is that the correct order for the spark plugs on the coil pack when looking at the coil pack from inside the vehicle?

And by the way, I've looked for this information, but have found none that is useful. I actually searched for it across the internet for about an hour, nothing good. So I'm hoping that this thread will help those like me, the people who get into fits of curiosity.

Ack I was confused there for a second. Just so you know. It's generally not cool to make two threads about the same thing. One thread is good enough.

CaffeineTripp
12-20-2006, 03:19 PM
...Yeah, I realized that I clicked on the wrong link after I posted it. This one'll get deleted.

CaffeineTripp
12-20-2006, 04:57 PM
So, I found out what the firing order is, and how the spark plug wires should be connected...

Firing order: 1-3-4-2 (looking at the engine from the front of the car it is as such...4-3-2-1)

The spark plugs should be connected like this on the distributor when looking at it from inside the vehicle. As a side note, the distribution rotation is clockwise.

--2-
4---1
--3-

Got the trusty Chilton's with me for any info. on imports from the years 1990-1994

Blackcrow64
12-20-2006, 07:03 PM
I spy, with my little eye... A duplicate thread... Just for future reference, its against the rules to make duplicate threads. Since you posted the firing order information in this thread I will leave this one for future references and will lock the other one instead...

CaffeineTripp
12-21-2006, 12:41 AM
Yeah, sorry about that. I noticed that I put it into the wrong section and god forbid there's no delete button. *Shrugs.* Either that, or I just didn't see it. Anyhow, yeah, sorry about that.

Blackcrow64
12-21-2006, 06:47 AM
Yeah, sorry about that. I noticed that I put it into the wrong section and god forbid there's no delete button. *Shrugs.* Either that, or I just didn't see it. Anyhow, yeah, sorry about that.
Its ok. If you do something like that again, just edit your first post and there is a delete button there. If you are able to edit it before anyone else posts in it I do believe it deletes the entire thread... If somebody else posts in it before you have a chance to attempt that then a moderator has to delete it.

Add your comment to this topic!