Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Have YOU driven an M1

6kid
09-20-2002, 01:24 PM
I used do work at a BMW dealership and I was lucky enough the get to drive the classic M1. It was like sitting in an Italian sports car a ferrari of massarati(spelling?) wheel and pedals to the right and seat to the left, but when I fired it up it screamed bimmer. The car was a stock 80 or 81 henna red street version. Power didn't seem to kick in untill hi up on the revs, just like any early m car, but when it kick in it kicked you back in the seat. The car was geared for the track, so it didn't seem extra quick, but it still pulled. The main thing I was impressed with was how acurate the steering felt, the car was almost 20 years old and it steered like a 355, point and go, it was very solid, and the cab forward design gave a great sensation. Overall it was memerable experience.:)
I'd like to hear your stories, anyone driven a race model!?

TEXAS-HOTROD
07-03-2003, 10:58 PM
I have always loved the M-1s. Talk about an awesome car. You're one lucky dude, I can only imagine what it was like.
Haven't driven anything close to that, but am building something out of the ordinary that should perform respectively.
V-12 all the way!!
---TEX---

Dreambrother
04-01-2015, 04:15 AM
Yes I have driven an M1, and the best part could be: I filmed it too. Here's my movie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kReC4y0QZ8o

Hope you'll enjoy it!

Regards!
Walter

Add your comment to this topic!