Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

wireless scroll tablet- question

aDesign
12-19-2006, 02:52 AM
hey guys, i have one question about scroll tablet. i bought it yesterday, and have installed it and all, i works well, but do you know what's the best program for scroll tablets? i've tried in photoshop cs2 but it's not so good, i mean it's hard to use that tablet in cs2...

do you know what program should i use?! please help

tnx in advance

knightvision
12-19-2006, 06:55 AM
Do you mean a tablet with a pen? Like a Wacom Tablet?

Most designers use it with Photoshop. You just have to find the right set-up for it. You can change the pressure and other options for tablets.

In addition there's ICEM Style which should be hard to get, and Corel Painter.

Also you must consider that it will take you quite a time to get into it. It will take you some practise to use it efficently.

aDesign
12-19-2006, 12:32 PM
yeah, it is with pen, i forgot to write that :screwy:

thanks, i'll try to make right set up for photoshop

ps-does somebody know what pressure do i need to set?

and, does somebody know what i need to do in photoshop? is there some set up there too?

GirlBear
12-20-2006, 12:14 AM
Can u post a pic of that?

aDesign
12-20-2006, 12:51 AM
this is it

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/5499/ini68401zt6.jpg

knightvision
12-20-2006, 07:16 AM
http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/7622/screenycaruh1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Select the Brush tool.

You can activate the tablet mode with the right button in the red circle and set the flow with the left scale. Any other set up must be done in your tablets driver software.

The screeny is from CS German, but it should work in CS2 aswell.

Have fun!

aDesign
12-20-2006, 01:32 PM
knightvision thanks a lot!

one more question about colouring cars, how do you colour it? with that pen too?

i see you are very good in it... :D

knightvision
12-20-2006, 02:28 PM
Thanks, I'm still at the beginning and I have to practise a lot. The Pen tool is very important. I start with making a path with the pen tool around the whole body of the car then I give it a certain base color by brushing it with the pen tool. Then I add a second layer, using the path tool again to create a selection for a darker shade of the color. For the White-out and Black-out I use the Dodge/Burn Tools (4th below the brush tool)

Have fun, share some of your results!

aDesign
12-20-2006, 03:38 PM
thanks for the instructions, i'll practise that...

let me ask you something about pen pressure. i don't really know what does it mean. i have one problem, sometimes i need to press harder with pen to take some effect, does it have something with pen pressure?

i tried to solve that problem, but i didn't have any luck in it... :disappoin

sorry, i have many questions... thanks alot for help! :grinno: :grinno:

knightvision
12-21-2006, 02:17 AM
Don't mind to ask. I think it's what the Forum was made for.

I'm not a tablet expert, I don't use mine very often. I have a little Wacom volito2 which was at about 50€ and its drawing area has only postcard-size.

With the Wacom driver software, I can set how much pen pressure it needs to get the full intensity in Photoshop. Also, it depends on the "Flow"-setting in Photoshop itself and on the tool which is used (Brush, Airbrush....). If you deactivate the tablet mode (button in PS), your pen works like a mouse - digital. Either full pressure , like when you click the mouse button, or nothing. In tablet mode, Photoshop should recognize how much pressure you're putting on the pen, and you should therefore be able to varify your Photoshop pens lineweight. This is what is called "512 levels of pressure" on the box.

Your tablet software should have some possibilities to play around with aswell. Just try it out, or post a screenshot of it.

aDesign
12-21-2006, 05:03 AM
hey, i found what my problem with pressure was!! :grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes:

i needed to download the newest driver for photoshop cs2, and drawing is far better than before!!

Add your comment to this topic!