exhaust tips and tricks??

rolemodel727
12-18-2006, 01:46 PM
ive gotta stock exhaust on my 1995 pa ultra. its got that supercharger whine to it and instead of buyin a new exhaust for 400 bucks, iam was wondering if i could do something to it to make it sound deeper?? i used do drill holes right after the muffeler and it would do just that but i wanna check if thats a good idea on my car or not. please get at me.

Alibi
12-18-2006, 02:48 PM
I vote flowmaster :D

HondaManDan
12-22-2006, 03:16 AM
Personally, I'd look into a dual-exhaust port, single-entry port horizontal muffler.

Basically, it'd fit in-place of the stock muffler, however instead of just having one tail-pipe on the passanger side, you'd have two... one for each side.

This way you can customize width, height, angle, and spacing of both tips to give yourself a really slick true-dual exhaust. Plus the sound would be really amazing.

I'm planning on doing this when my muffler rotts out a little more (no sense in putting a brand new muffler on before winter hits).

I would use any muffler except Dynomax or Thrust... unless you get the high-end stainless cans (120-160 bucks). Also, make sure your cat is in good shape and also the joints on the flex-tube and all your joints from the cat-back.

Good luck!

Dan

Add your comment to this topic!