Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

ran out of oil PART 2

ajbecker98
12-18-2006, 12:18 PM
i am looking over my shoulder as i type this because the car belongs to my girlfriend and she is completely pissed off . :grinyes:

this happened 4 months ago and it has been running ever since .

here are the details

she drove one block , in winter , before it shut down .i drained the oil , changed the filter , and managed to get it running by turning the idle screw ( blis screw ? ) way up . when it is cold she needs to rev it up for about a minute , then it stays running . i took the valve cover off . very little damage that i could see . had the codes swpet , nothing to be found . so , now what ?:banghead:

l_eclipse_l
12-18-2006, 12:20 PM
Double threads are a no-no. :nono:

Now you know better.

eclipsed at 3am
12-18-2006, 05:10 PM
Double threads are a no-no. :nono:

Now you know better.

really helped him out there. :disappoin

does it run fine when its warm? sounds like the temp sensor

gthompson97
12-18-2006, 06:22 PM
Taking off the valve cover will tell you virtually nothing about the condition of the motor. Pull the oil pan and check the bearings and do a compression test, that will tell you alot more.

l_eclipse_l
12-18-2006, 07:32 PM
really helped him out there. :disappoin

I don't give a shit, fact is he made a thread about this exact same thing a day or two ago. So you know what, you don't need to say shit to me. Have a problem with the rule, take it up with a mod.

Blackcrow64
12-18-2006, 07:35 PM
I am not a happy mod... "ran out of oil PART 2"??? :nono:

This is the kind of shit that doesn't fly in my book. Theres not a damn thing wrong with your original "ran out of oil" thread.

Go back there and finish your conversation up in that one and do not make another duplicate thread. :nono:

You caught me on a very bad day here...

Locked...

**EDIT**
Existing members, when you see shit like this and know its a duplicate thread of one from not even 2 days prior, do not support it with replies. |_Eclipse_| did the right thing in telling him duplicates were a no-no and he did not provoke the thread to go any further. Thats all further it should have gone.

Add your comment to this topic!