Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.
1997 Suburban Keyless Entry Remote Programming
12-18-2006, 11:48 AM
I need to know how to reprogram a keyless entry remote for a 1997 Chevrolet Suburban please email at (firstname.lastname@example.org) or just reply on here.
10-29-2007, 02:23 PM
The following procedure was used by my dealer to reprogram the remotes on my 97, 2500 Suburban
1. With the ignition OFF throughout this procedure.
- Locate the scan tool connector under the steering column.
2. Jumper/short pins 4 to 8
- NOTE: door locks cycle upon shorting theses pins.
- NOTE: The connector is wider at the top than on the bottom. Pin 1 is upper/top left, pin 8 is upper/top right, pin 9 is lower/bottom left, and pin 16 is lower/bottom right.
3. Simultaneously press & hold (approx 5-15 sec) the remote LOCK and UNLOCK buttons - until the door locks cycle
4. Repeat step three for all remaining remotes
- It may take longer (up to 30 sec) for subsequent remotes to be programmed
5. After programming all remotes, removing jumper/shorting device from pins 4 & 8
Automotive Network, Inc., Copyright ©2013