Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1995 riviera supercharger vibration dampers

garytech
12-17-2006, 02:24 PM
trying to get the right damper for my 1995 riv, whats the difference from 1st design and 2nd design?? 3.8 supercharged duel pulley.

96riviera18
12-17-2006, 09:08 PM
damper??? dual pulley??? maybe im just tired but i dont quite understand what your asking. are you refering to the harmonic balancer (crank pulley and sometimes refered to as the dampener) on the series 1 engine?
a good place to find parts is gmpartsdirect.com or ed morad has used stuff if thats what your lookin for.

garytech
12-18-2006, 01:47 PM
on a riviera with super charger you have two serpentine pulleys,one runs the air charger the other is engine accessories, ther are two different pullys used on that car, one is ist design other is 2nd design. different parts and different pn#. Thanks for your promt message.

96riviera18
12-18-2006, 06:06 PM
there are 2 belts and many pulleys on a supercharged riv. the 95's have one belt running only the supercharger and the other is for accessories. on the 96-99 it is different (so since i have a 96 i dont know the routing for the 95's, sorry) as for the different "designs" the 2 belts are not interchangable nor are they the same as the other 3.8l s/c cars. if your refering to the actual pullies like the idlers and tensioners, www.regalgs.org (http://www.regalgs.org) (under the riviera section) has a write up for changeing the belts and pulleys and a list of part #'s.
p.s i'm not trying to patronize, just trying to make things clear for you and anyone else reading these, i dont know how much you may already know about these engine's.
hth
matthew

garytech
12-19-2006, 07:26 PM
sorry I was not very clear on my problem, but it is more of a vibration damper issue. I bought a after market assebly and it cracked by the keyway,there are two different dampers used on this car,while they look the same they are not. thanks for your time on this suject.

Add your comment to this topic!