Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

ford mustang,what a waste

bmwkicksbutt
12-17-2006, 11:50 AM
firstly i know many people with mustang gts,2005 and 2006 ,highly over rated,poor quality,but thats ford,they have driven my bmw m3,and my wifes pontiac gtp,they were pretty pissed about lack of quality,fit,and the vehicle in general,i have to hand it to ford,they sure do know how to screw up a car,watch i bet next year they will bring the edsel back and put a cobra in it,sell it for 30k and people will druel over it,get real get a real car,but not a ford.please...give me a break

SkylineUSA
12-17-2006, 01:50 PM
firstly i know many people with mustang gts,2005 and 2006 ,highly over rated,poor quality,but thats ford,they have driven my bmw m3,and my wifes pontiac gtp,they were pretty pissed about lack of quality,fit,and the vehicle in general,i have to hand it to ford,they sure do know how to screw up a car,watch i bet next year they will bring the edsel back and put a cobra in it,sell it for 30k and people will druel over it,get real get a real car,but not a ford.please...give me a break

Opinion:grinyes:

Nothing worthy of a true reply.

Go away:wink:

351wStang
12-17-2006, 03:48 PM
So this is how you got your post count so high Tony! LOL just kiddin man. I just wonder how this looser's cars would do against ours! :evillol:

SkylineUSA
12-17-2006, 03:54 PM
Kick that BMW butt:D

FORD POWER baby!

351wStang
12-17-2006, 04:36 PM
FORD POWER baby!

Even in a Nissan! :cheers:

SkylineUSA
12-17-2006, 04:49 PM
Yep :D

BlackGT2000
12-18-2006, 09:02 AM
Maggot

b3warnick
12-18-2006, 10:59 AM
funny......where it says 'posts'...it shows his age...12.

bmwkicksbutt
12-20-2006, 11:03 PM
by the way ,for all you mustang freaks ,i mean folks,im sorry to say that another RUSTang owner has been educated on a true performance car,and has sold his fomoco product for a bmw,thats 5 already,its nice to see some people do have intelligence,and admit when they were wrong,but when a person in a 2006 mustang gt tries to out do a 2006 bmw m5,you know there is no intelligence up in that noggin,because if their was ,he wouldnt have purchased a ford product in the beginning,as i have been seeing it lately,there are only 2 happy days in a ford owners life,the day he buys his product,and the day he sells it,but i guess with all the recalls ford has letely,one year they will get it right or go out of business,which ever comes first,but who will buy ford,tonka toy???????????might as well .they are toysssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

SkylineUSA
12-21-2006, 12:08 AM
You own a BMW, and write like a 5 year old. You must be proud.

351wStang
12-21-2006, 02:10 AM
Well now theres a nice comparison. So, whats the price difference between the m5 and the gt?

SkylineUSA
12-21-2006, 11:09 AM
Well now theres a nice comparison. So, whats the price difference between the m5 and the gt?

Why even bother talking to the guy? He has no clue:grinno:

It will be like talking to a 5 year old, in one ear out the other.

TheStang00
12-22-2006, 02:08 AM
this is actually kind of funny.

yep fords suck buddy, so go away cause no one here cares.

cadauctions
12-22-2006, 02:56 AM
Most cars give back what you give em. Your BMW will die just as fast as any Ford if you beat on it. I have owned nothing but Fords since I started driving, and in the 80's they had thier minor problems, such as oil leaks, and things of that nature, but now, I have had no problems with my Fords. Now... Lets mix that with the fact that you are comparing a car that runs $32,000-$39,000(BMW 3 Series), to a car that runs $18,000 - $22,000. If Ford wanted to make thier customers spend $39,000 on thier Mustangs, then they would probably make it ten times better than the BMW 3 series. Do the math before you spat off at the mouth! Cause what you are doing is no different than comparing your BMW to a Jaguar S-Type @ $48,000 - $64,000, in which your BMW would pale in comparison.

351wStang
12-22-2006, 04:29 AM
Why even bother talking to the guy? He has no clue:grinno:

It will be like talking to a 5 year old, in one ear out the other.

I was thinking more like a rock... a one way conversation kinda thing. :icon16:

Underground_Killah
12-22-2006, 09:53 AM
It's funny how this little boy's opinion fires up so much crap. I love my mustang. For the difference in price (16k?) i couldn't phantom how much stuff can be done to that stock mustang gt to make it roast many cars straight out the factory... plus it looks better IMO.
he probably does not even own a bmw or if he does it's probably from the 80's since for the most part, people who own new bmw's can form proper sentances. they are douche's don't get me wrong (and no offence to any decent hearted bmw people here) but i have not found many nice bmw owners, and since the days of my j30t roasting a z4 off the line... i know how to hurt a bmw.

Let him gain his hate post counts and get eventually banned. don't let him get you all of you. Mustangs 4TW!

bmwkicksbutt
12-25-2006, 06:35 AM
the only thing good about the jag-u ar is the engine ,jaguar has always had electrical problems and still do,the fact that nothing on a jaguar is consistent,they have two different electriacal systems,lucas or morrelli,ford did take them out of going bankrupcy,but they still have their problems,bmw is not perfect ,but close for the money,but i would expect when a person pays top dollar for a product any product,like my buddies 06 mustand which is supercharged and it cant get out of its own way ,something is wrong here,this is why the american car market is loosing it or lost it,bmw does not supercharge,just turbo charge on 07s and on diesils,they have 4 valves per cylinder on all their engines with double vanos, full set of engine coolers for oil ,coolant ,transmission,auto or standard,p/s coolers,rear diff coolers,all std for almost the whole car line up,brakes on all cars are larger than most american cars and the m series cars they are massive ,i am sorry ,i have seen new mustang brakes,the car itself ,good for normal every day driving ,but not for driving like a famous yankee short stop did in a ford commercial for a mustang,and yes i do have a bmw ,and yes i am a bmw tech and i did work for a ford dealer as a tech,thats when i saw how bad ford cuts corners to save a buck,thats when i did learn that ford has way too many recalls,way too many problems with new product introduction,what happened with research and devolopment,sorry i dont mean to piss off people ,just make them educated ,when you looks whats there and what you have to do to it to make it decent,is it really worth it ,especially when it should have been that way from the get go,and for those of you who dont know the short stops name ,its derick jeter ,merry christmas ,i say no more enjoy your ride

rivguy
12-25-2006, 09:45 AM
I like the reference to cars from other classes being compared - what was the sticker on that bmw compared to ford - the mustang is a hell of a car for the money - and another thing what's it cost to keep that german bucket running? the overall cost of the mustang is great - not all of us want to burn that kind of money to atrackt a piece of tail some of us can do it by ourselves.

rivguy
12-25-2006, 09:47 AM
I like the comparison to vehilces in a different class. what was the sticker on that bmw? the mustang is a hell of a car for the money. another this is the cost to keep it on the road - those german buckets are expensive to keep running. not everyone needs to dump that kind of money to atract a piece of tail some of us can do it by ourselves.

SkylineUSA
12-25-2006, 04:26 PM
And the moron still writes like a 5 year old :)

01L2Cobra
12-28-2006, 10:32 AM
I like the comparison to vehilces in a different class. what was the sticker on that bmw? the mustang is a hell of a car for the money. another this is the cost to keep it on the road - those german buckets are expensive to keep running. not everyone needs to dump that kind of money to atract a piece of tail some of us can do it by ourselves.
Yet Mustang owners (Cobras owners especially) love to compare their cars to Corvettes. Aren’t they 2 different price classes (excluding the GT500 and its markup)? Care to compare the E36 M3 to the 06 Mustang GT? Prices are about the same or less for the E36 M3 and stock for stock the E36 M3 wins hands down and they are 7-11 years old now. You want to talk cost to keep them on the road? I have owned two Mustangs (02 GT and a 01 Cobra) and I currently own a E36 M3 and the M3 has cost me less to maintain. Once you get past the basics (exhaust and intake) they cost about the same to mod as well so no big loss their either.

G-man422
12-28-2006, 11:04 AM
Well, a mustang, and a BMW are obviously going to have differences in the quality of materials used. But a 'stang gt is a good quality car for the money IMHO.

SkylineUSA
12-28-2006, 12:36 PM
E36 M3 wins hands down and they are 7-11 years old now.

Give me a 16 year old Mustang, and put the same amount of money into it, and see who wins? :D And I know they are a heck of lot easier to work on, and a lot cheaper as well.

We can play apples and oranges all day long. Some people like apples, some like oranges. :iceslolan

01L2Cobra
12-28-2006, 01:04 PM
True but I can build up a 318 and kill the Mustang for about the same price as what you would spend to take out the E36 M3. But that still does not negate the fact that stock for stock the S197 Mustang still isn’t up to speed with a 7-11 year old M3 that can be found for $18K or less in good condition with low mileage.

6speed
12-28-2006, 01:18 PM
Yet Mustang owners (Cobras owners especially) love to compare their cars to Corvettes. Aren’t they 2 different price classes (excluding the GT500 and its markup)? Care to compare the E36 M3 to the 06 Mustang GT? Prices are about the same or less for the E36 M3 and stock for stock the E36 M3 wins hands down and they are 7-11 years old now. You want to talk cost to keep them on the road? I have owned two Mustangs (02 GT and a 01 Cobra) and I currently own a E36 M3 and the M3 has cost me less to maintain. Once you get past the basics (exhaust and intake) they cost about the same to mod as well so no big loss their either.
you're taking a car that cost a certain amount a decade ago and a car from today. yet even a 1995 bmw m3 still cost upwards of 40g new. mustang GT doesnt come close to that sticker. you cant compare the two theyre not even in remotely the same price range. and why compare cars that are 10 years apart. take a 06 m3 and a 06 gt...whats the price difference between the two, 25-30 grand? how can you compare the two cars.

bmwkicksbutt- your a complete idiot, period. it sounds like you got fired from ford and you cry yourself to sleep over it every night and now you work for bmw and just like most other bmw drivers you think your shit smells like roses because you have a german badge on your car. you get what you pay for, my dad paid for a 7 series...his car will run for a lot longer with a lot more perks and less problems but he paid 3 times what i did for my car, which was purchased to beat the hell out of and it will take a beating. if and when a car does break though, you know who will be shelling out more $$ at the repair shop....you.

you didn't come on here to educate anyone, you did it to be a prick, and mission accomplished. you cant educate anyone on what you "think" is a better car by just being an asswhipe to everyone. im sure ill be seeing a 'banned' under your name shortly, that or once you run out of stupid comments to make you will just disappear.

i hate fanboys

01L2Cobra
12-28-2006, 01:40 PM
you're taking a car that cost a certain amount a decade ago and a car from today. yet even a 1995 bmw m3 still cost upwards of 40g new. mustang GT doesnt come close to that sticker. you cant compare the two theyre not even in remotely the same price range. and why compare cars that are 10 years apart. take a 06 m3 and a 06 gt...whats the price difference between the two, 25-30 grand? how can you compare the two cars.
Who gives a rat’s ass about what they cost back then over actual up to date prices? Only people that can’t seem to admit that the better deal is a $18 used M3 over a $25-30K new Mustang GT. You want to talk new prices care to compare the GT500 to a Dinan S3 M3? After dealer mark up on the GT500 your looking at about the same amount of money spent and GT500 is less of a car.

i hate fanboys
God forbid anyone say anything bad about Ford or Saleen.:shakehead

6speed
12-28-2006, 02:04 PM
i never said a word about ford OR saleen. there is a variety of cars out there for a variety of interests. not everyone needs to have the best overall performer for their buck. some people buy a mustang just for the sound, name, and heritage behind the name. i was simply saying your taking a 10yr old used car which (now) costs a little less than a new mustang and saying its a better buy. if we all bought used cars because they were better performing than the new ones, where would the car market be? we don't just all sit back and think "gee, i really want this mustang i think theyre cool but bmwskickbutt says bmws are better so i better get what he likes or he'll make fun of me on the internet."

01L2Cobra
12-28-2006, 02:38 PM
i never said a word about ford OR saleen.
I see you didn’t catch on to what I was alluding to.

there is a variety of cars out there for a variety of interests. not everyone needs to have the best overall performer for their buck. some people buy a mustang just for the sound, name, and heritage behind the name.
Too bad that’s all that’s left in the Mustang, nothing more than sound and a name. All lead by a 2 ton monstrosity that can’t do anything but go in a straight line and is named after a 83year old geezer who had little to do with it outside of giving it the thumbs up and whoring out his name. Hell he did more in the 80’s with Dodge than he did with this car.

i was simply saying your taking a 10yr old used car which (now) costs a little less than a new mustang and saying its a better buy. if we all bought used cars because they were better performing than the new ones, where would the car market be?
I think it would be better off. There wouldn't be halfassed over priced Mustangs out there. Ford had an opportunity to build a good car once. Remember the 05 concept? It would have been nice to see them with a real two door two seat sports car with a proper suspension for once.

we don't just all sit back and think "gee, i really want this mustang i think theyre cool but bmwskickbutt says bmws are better so i better get what he likes or he'll make fun of me on the internet."
Some people do buy in to hype look at the people buying the GT500. It’s great when 6 months later they come to their senses and realized they fucked up when they spent that kind of money on a Mustang that still looks cheap inside and out. Not to mention handles like a broke down mule and still has wheel hop after everyone bitching about the IRS in the last Cobra.

SkylineUSA
12-28-2006, 02:39 PM
we don't just all sit back and think "gee, i really want this mustang i think theyre cool but bmwskickbutt says bmws are better so i better get what he likes or he'll make fun of me on the internet."

I don't care who you are, that's funny:iceslolan (In my best Larry the cable guy voice)

SkylineUSA
12-28-2006, 02:48 PM
You went to BMW, for your own reasons. Don't be shitting on me because I stay Ford. That is messed up, point blank.

I know you are are happy with your BMW, and that is good for you. You are a road course guy, which is not my cup of tea for my Ford. You want to bring your BMW against my GTR, I bet mine wins! :)

6speed
12-28-2006, 02:55 PM
do all you really care about is how a car handles or are you just sticking with the only thing in which you know your car would have a clear advantage. cars are purpose built, each one may specialize in a certain area. and no, i didnt miss what you were alluding to, you said god forbid someone say something about ford or saleen, i would defend a bmw in the same right if i thought someone was being a complete jackass.

theres a reason why people say all bmw drivers are pricks. it seems once you own one you turn into one. before you had your precious new car i never read you just outright bash mustangs left and right in every post. my brother had a 95 m3 and my friend has had a 97 and 99 m3 ive driven them or ridden in them all. they aren't that great that you can go around talking like you own a piece of history or anything.

01L2Cobra
12-28-2006, 03:08 PM
I am not totally against Ford I love some of what they have over seas. I just can't stand their "We will tease you with concepts and give you water downed production and say it’s the best we could do." approach they have here while Australia and Europe get better cars. FPV is just so much better than anything we have gotten from Ford or SVT over here. Then there is the Euro Focus and its C1 platform with the 2.5 L turbocharged I5 while we are stuck with the old C170 platform and 2.3 L Duratec.

01L2Cobra
12-28-2006, 03:25 PM
do all you really care about is how a car handles or are you just sticking with the only thing in which you know your car would have a clear advantage. cars are purpose built, each one may specialize in a certain area.
I care about its all around performance. If it only has power and can't handle I don't want it same as if it only had handling and no power. The M3 is a much better balance of the two than any Mustang as of late. Any way if all you want is power I don't remember ever hearing about a mod motor Mustang that was making 1000+hp out of the stock block and was still street leagal.

and no, i didnt miss what you were alluding to, you said god forbid someone say something about ford or saleen, i would defend a bmw in the same right if i thought someone was being a complete jackass.
Your still missing what I was alluding to. Take a look at what I quoted you saying.

theres a reason why people say all bmw drivers are pricks. it seems once you own one you turn into one. before you had your precious new car i never read you just outright bash mustangs left and right in every post.
I have always had a strong opposition to what they were doing with the Mustang, the Cobra in particular, since they got away from what was the best handling and balanced car they had built and went to a pig iron block where weight went up and handing dropped.

my brother had a 95 m3 and my friend has had a 97 and 99 m3 ive driven them or ridden in them all. they aren't that great that you can go around talking like you own a piece of history or anything.
Piece of history? The E36 M3 US version not likely. But for the money it is still one of the best buys out there.

6speed
12-28-2006, 04:18 PM
so the m3 has a better balance of handling and power in stock trim that a mustang gt...wonderful. as long as you can sleep better at night saying that. does it really matter enough to back up someone who would go around to other forums with the only intention of picking a fight with someone for the car they own? either way no one should be talking about a mustangs imperfections as if a bmw is perfect in every way. how many of your m3 buddies have missed 4th gear and hit 2nd instead causing the engine to overrev and costing you a new cylinder head because the bmw trannys tilt under acceleration? sounds like an engineering flaw to me; i think thats why UUC makes TME kits to counteract some of that tilt, am i correct? i dont know of a mustang having problems like this, yet theyre still complete piles of junk according to these posts. in some of these posts it makes it sound like theyre held together by glue, the interior was designed by a 3yr old, the engine may as well be a 4cyl because its double vanos > god > other engines > mustang engine, and the car is just ugly in general. it sounds to me like you are basically set on a car that handles well and has some power to push it out of the turns, so im glad you found your track car. you and moreso bmwlicksbutt can leave everyone else alone however if your opinion is solely to bash them for their choice in what car THEY drive and paid for with THEIR own money

01L2Cobra
12-28-2006, 05:01 PM
How many 03 Cobra owners do you know that had to have their engines replaced due to casting sand left in the heads? I know of several just here where I live. Every car has its flaws, no car is perfect. I have never had a problem with 4th gear neither have any of my friends. The only transmission in any of the cars I have own that have had problems is the 3650 in the Mustangs that I owned. Look at the ergonomics in the Mustang the seat are almost as bad as milk crates covered in a plastic tarp. There is way too much plastic in the interiors and the gage pod is all messed up. The old SN95s had better interior than the S197s. So yea you are right it might as well have been designed by a 3yr old. I haven’t been in one yet that didn’t rattle. The Mod motor is a waist its been around for over 10years in the Mustang alone and only seen very minimal advancements. That’s one of the bad things about Ford here in the US and that’s that they don’t take the time to refine what they have, they just set it aside and let it collect dust.

TheStang00
01-01-2007, 02:46 AM
How many 03 Cobra owners do you know that had to have their engines replaced due to casting sand left in the heads? I know of several just here where I live. Every car has its flaws, no car is perfect. I have never had a problem with 4th gear neither have any of my friends. The only transmission in any of the cars I have own that have had problems is the 3650 in the Mustangs that I owned. Look at the ergonomics in the Mustang the seat are almost as bad as milk crates covered in a plastic tarp. There is way too much plastic in the interiors and the gage pod is all messed up. The old SN95s had better interior than the S197s. So yea you are right it might as well have been designed by a 3yr old. I haven’t been in one yet that didn’t rattle. The Mod motor is a waist its been around for over 10years in the Mustang alone and only seen very minimal advancements. That’s one of the bad things about Ford here in the US and that’s that they don’t take the time to refine what they have, they just set it aside and let it collect dust.

thats just rediculous. the mod motor is old, but it is far from a waste. sure, they could make a more advanced engine, and id like to see them do it. but the mod motor is bullet proof. they will last over 300k miles easily. hp/liter is not that important, infact its quite useless. there are other things that matter. id like to see a new v8 that has variable valve timing and other things but the mod is not a waste. and it can take over 1000hp on a stock block quite easily, and probably could be street legal too. but at that point who cares about being street legal? ive seen a 800hp mid 90's mod motor that was not only street legal but was quite tame in everyday traffic. about the seats, i happen to think they are quite comfortable. more comfortable then every other car ive sat in anyway. with the exception of a caddy.

hotrod_chevyz
01-06-2007, 06:14 AM

Over rated? Poor quality". This coming from a guy with a M3....

BMWKICKSBUTT:

OVER RATED?

If its so over rated, why do so many people drive them and will drive nothing else? Why does mustangs have such a big following? Why is the aftermarket capabilities too much to even explain? Answer: Because they are damn good cars. I say your BMW is over rated. Ive been in them, you want to talk about something that cant get out of its own way, c'mon get for real. Those things fall apart even when old ladies drive them, and eventually run like shit just like every other car. The difference here is, with a mustang once it does start to age, thats the best time of its life cause you get to start adding power mods. Plus power mods are cheap and VERY effective for mustangs.

POOR QUALITY...really...Compared to what?

The lady i rented my last house from had a BMW. It had many problems and she payed so much for it she didnt want to sell it. I loved it cause as i did repairs on it i got money taken off my rent plus money. That car was a POS one problem after another. And every problem it had cost out the butt to repair, so dont come on the forum and talk shit about over rated or poor quality. Ive seen both of these things come from BMW, but with a much higher price tag. AND more costly routine work later. Plus with a BMW you have to "order and wait" for parts, unlike the Mustangs. I swear you could go to AZ or Oreillys and build a mustang right in the store, on demand.

FORD > BMW.

Oh yeah BTW..

What the hell is the matter with you bmwkicksbutt? You and your BMW wouldnt stand a chance against most of these guys Mustangs. You think they are new to this or what? Take your little BMW to the track and post up some time slips, fan boy. See how it holds up after a season or two of REAL racing and not this weak online shit talking routine. Once you break into the 10's come back here and talk some crap then, cause right now you just seem sort of like a clown.

Sorry mustang owners.:uhoh:

TheStang00
01-06-2007, 04:39 PM
Sorry mustang owners.:uhoh:

we dont mind :bigthumb:

hotrod_chevyz
01-06-2007, 07:56 PM
we dont mind :bigthumb:

Wasnt sure...

Mustangs are good cars. Ford makes good cars. I hear all the time how i must not be a "real" chevy guy cause i also like certain models of ford. Send those complaints over to this guy :flipa:

I used to have the same attitude about it, but now that ive had a ford of my own and have a few fords in the family, ive grown to like them. My firebird is still my favorite, but i want a mustang too.

TheStang00
01-07-2007, 12:07 AM
yeah i think its really ignorant to be like that guy is about cars. i used to be like that also, but i think its just better now to like cars because they are good. not because of their brand so much. but im still a ford guy at heart definatly.

85 22rYota
01-14-2007, 05:58 PM
this is funny any ways look at the mustang you cant talk bad about cause it has never went out of production since it came out in 1964 1/2 am i right

Deuce Is Wild
01-26-2007, 12:21 AM

Yeah, and a Pontiac is so much better. I've had more problems in GM cars than I've had in any Ford I've owned. Funny thing is, I own three fords, two of which I've owned for about six years. One is turning 17 years old very shortly (5.0 Mustang). One I've done stupid crap with like jump railroad tracks (not at a crossing, ones that are 4'' high) and offroaded. I busted a CV joint, big deal.

BMW's are alright. I could get one if I wanted, but they bore me. Especially their interiors. If you have nothing nice to say, don't post, it's as simple as that. Why come into the Mustang thread and share your opinions? Do you want to start a fight? You must be really bored my friend. :disappoin

2crunk
02-18-2007, 12:37 AM
My car isnt the cream of the crop by any means, but i'll take bmwlicksbutt to the track AND turn around and hand him his ass at the strip. A car doesnt need fancy electronics or a high tech suspension to win a race......more importantly it needs a driver. You drive to cheyenne and come see me, i can PM you a place and time to meet. $100, $500, $5000 i dont care, put your money where your mouth is or shut up! FANBOY

Add your comment to this topic!