Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

i found a .30 ci wankel rotary engine!

Steel
09-20-2002, 12:18 AM
so cool! its for model RC planes, but i wanna see if i can cobjob a .30 ci rotary into a model RX-7!! that'd be soo cool! im so happy!!

Gasoline Fumes
09-21-2002, 11:38 PM
That .30 rotary engine has been around for years. :)

higgimonster
09-25-2002, 11:57 AM
If I rember correctly it a fairly large sized engine. Not really suitable for most model cars. However, it is damn cool and wicked powerfull. If you go to www.towerhobbies.com and search for engines you can find all the specs for it.

Whitebread
09-25-2002, 05:30 PM
That engine is made by a Japanese glow engine company called OS engines. They made the first model wankel engine over 30 years ago. go to www.osengines.com for info on the engine. I believe it puts out 1.27 HP around 17K RPMS. The engine is designed for airplanes although, I feel a wankel would be best suted for ground applications. Wankels turn high RPMS and make high HP in those high RPMS. In an airplane, propellors aporate best at a lower RPM and the wider the better so low end torque is best. The wankel makes the opposite, high RPMS and high HP, it's much better for the ground cause R/C cars have a really low final drive ratio since the little engines can't make any torque. Also, there are companies that make .21 ci single cylinder 2 stroke glow engines that turn about 45K rpms. And that's the top of the praticle RPM range. Open up the throttle all the way with no load and it rev till the con rod breakes and goes through the block (and it will litteraly go through the block, I've seen it happen).

Add your comment to this topic!