Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

antifreeze/oil mix

thefooshmeister
12-16-2006, 12:07 PM
alright my brother has a 95 Cutlass Supreme Sl with the 3.1 V6. ive been readin around on your guys section and online but cant find a walkthrough on how to remove the intake manifold so i can change the upper and lower gaskets. i dont really kno gm cars, im obviously a honda guy lol. ive done motor swaps and the like with them and it pretty much should carry over but i wanted to see who all had changed them. when lookin around i saw that the antifreeze/oil mix is usually caused by this so does anyone have a tech manual in pdf? i dont feel like havin him buy the manual at the store but any info or advice for this project would help me out a lot. dont feel like havin him spend 400+ for somethin i could do in a weekend.

maxwedge
12-16-2006, 02:07 PM
I think if you do a forum search you will find some good instructions on this, if I remember right. Make sure to get the latest gaskets from Fel Pro or GM and the updated intake bolts and torqueing procedure.

thefooshmeister
12-17-2006, 01:22 AM
did a search..couldnt find very much useful info. im buyin him the chilton manual for christmas

maxwedge
12-17-2006, 09:35 AM
Check the info on these links http://www.automotiveforums.com/t321467.html

thefooshmeister
12-17-2006, 03:44 PM
thanks that thread helped a ton..took me about an hour to read it all lol looks like it wont be fun but at least ive got an engine hoist so tilting the block will be easier

Add your comment to this topic!