Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Lighting for gauges not working..help!

blackac151
12-15-2006, 12:14 PM
I have a 94 integra and the lighting for my gauges dont work. The speedometer and everything else works in the car its just the lights on the gauges. I just bought some new aftermarket gauges hoping to fix the problem but im just worried something might be wrong with the wires. If anyone has any advice on what i should or could do id appreciate it. Normally id just go right into it and try to fix it myself but when it comes to electrical work i get a little nervous.

Thanks

Severity
12-21-2006, 11:36 AM
hey, i had this same problem with my civic. luckily i have a service manual for a 94 integra and both cars are the same. the power for the gauge lights is routed through the brightness control, generally that is what is causing the issue. mine would just cut out on me randomly, sometimes at night, and if i pounded the dash they come back on. once i realized the brightness control was suspect, hitting it made the lights come back on, so i would start by replacing that, try a junkyard or something.

Severity
12-21-2006, 12:26 PM
damn website, giving me an error, making me think i had to repost the reply again............

Add your comment to this topic!