Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

how do i fix this

eclipse95gs
12-10-2006, 08:27 PM
I GOT A 5 SPEED 1995 ECLIPSE GS AND WHEN I GET TO ABOUT 4 OR 4.5 GRAND IT SEEMS LIKE IT REDLINES...I WAS TOLD IT WAS A REV LIMITER...IF SO HOW DO I FIX THIS:banghead:

Blackcrow64
12-10-2006, 08:43 PM
Sweet mother of triple threads... You only need to click the post button once man... I took care of the other two...

Now what do you mean by it seems like it redlines? We are gonna need more info than that.

eclipse95gs
12-10-2006, 08:58 PM
Sweet mother of triple threads... You only need to click the post button once man... I took care of the other two...

Now what do you mean by it seems like it redlines? We are gonna need more info than that.

when i drive my car it wont go passed 4 grand but when i shift to goes fine until i get to 4 grand this happens in all gears

l_eclipse_l
12-10-2006, 09:01 PM
What the hell are you talking about. Explain what happens better so we know what is going on.

Better yet, just do a tune up and post back if you still have problems.

Blackcrow64
12-10-2006, 09:06 PM
Well you have yet to explain the problem at 4k... You just say that it won't go above it. Does it sputter, does it just wind out, whats it do?

eclipse95gs
12-10-2006, 09:07 PM
What the hell are you talking about. Explain what happens better so we know what is going on.

Better yet, just do a tune up and post back if you still have problems.
ok it will not rev passed 4 grand at all......

eclipse95gs
12-10-2006, 09:11 PM
Well you have yet to explain the problem at 4k... You just say that it won't go above it. Does it sputter, does it just wind out, whats it do?
it like bogs down...and at the same time it seems like the car just redlines at 4k....the check engine lights on....

Blackcrow64
12-10-2006, 09:13 PM
it like bogs down...and at the same time it seems like the car just redlines at 4k....
Hmmm... I have never heard of anything quite like that before... Have you done an all around basic tune up on the motor?

eclipse95gs
12-10-2006, 09:18 PM
it like bogs down...and at the same time it seems like the car just redlines at 4k....the check engine lights on....
i just bought the car the other day for $400 and i had to put a intake on it.... the people i got it from said it wouldnt shift but it did just fine until it hit 4k it seems more like it bogs down and wont rev any higher so i have to shift until i get to 4k in the next gear

Blackcrow64
12-10-2006, 09:25 PM
Well for 400 bucks you can't expect too much there bud... I'm thinking give it a tune up and it might help... There's just so many directions you could go from here. Also, if there is a CEL then take it to Autozone or whichever you prefer and have them stick the code reader on it and see what it has to say. That might help us with a direction to go from here.

crunchymilk55
12-10-2006, 09:34 PM
YOU ARE GOING TO NEED A NEW AIR METERING SYSTEM, WHATEVER THE NT's USE

CAPS ARE FUN HUH

eclipse95gs
12-10-2006, 11:24 PM
YOU ARE GOING TO NEED A NEW AIR METERING SYSTEM, WHATEVER THE NT's USE

CAPS ARE FUN HUH

thanks for the help...ill see how things work out later later

MazdaX
12-11-2006, 09:57 PM
Wow...400 dollars huh. Well, for that price you shouldn't expect the car to perform any miracles..in fact you should expect it to start breaking down anytime soon..It's probably been to hell and back mechanically or half of it is still there. That car should be worth over 2,500..

However, sounds like a air/fuel problem.

TeamRedLine23
12-11-2006, 10:38 PM
i had to put a intake on it...

when you say this, what do you mean? is it a aftermarket intake or just one of those drop-in filters? it sounds like there is something wrong with the air metering system. the same thing happend to me when i forgot to plug in the maf sensor.

SilvrEclipse
12-11-2006, 10:40 PM
His car has no MAF sensor. You are going to have to get the CEL checked out or you will just be guessing.

MazdaX
12-11-2006, 10:43 PM
when you say this, what do you mean? is it a aftermarket intake or just one of those drop-in filters? it sounds like there is something wrong with the air metering system. the same thing happend to me when i forgot to plug in the maf sensor.

Someone probably removed the stock air box and air channeling plastic tubing n shit. He might have been driving it with no MAF after he put a 'intake' on it and doesn't realize he needs a maf to actually drive the car the way its meant to be driven.

TeamRedLine23
12-11-2006, 10:49 PM
His car has no MAF sensor. You are going to have to get the CEL checked out or you will just be guessing.

I know his car does not have a maf. i said,"the same thing happend to ME when I forgot to plug in the maf sensor."
the key word there is 'ME', which means I was refering to my car.

TeamRedLine23
12-11-2006, 10:52 PM
Someone probably removed the stock air box and air channeling plastic tubing n shit. He might have been driving it with no MAF after he put a 'intake' on it and doesn't realize he needs a maf to actually drive the car the way its meant to be driven.

thats what i was thinknig

Add your comment to this topic!