Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2 questions,1994 camaro vibrates and radio

karmacae
12-09-2006, 12:20 PM
ok here is tha deal I have a 1994 camaro convertable that hubby just got me for christmas. I have found 2 things that concern me. First when driving it is fine but when I stop at a red light ect. it starts vibrating alot. Is this normal or could there be something wrong with it. And second my radio stations and time reset when I turn off tha car. I cant figure out why it does this. Can someone help me, I am so confused......Thanks

FormulaLT1
12-09-2006, 02:28 PM
No, it should not be vibrating, check your mounts and if they are ok. Then you probably just need a tune up. As for the radio, that is a sign that your battery (costant current) connection to the radio is shorted or disconnected,,. Alot of half assers sometimes don't run the battery wire when installing a radio and just use the ignition switch as the only power source.

karmacae
12-09-2006, 02:48 PM
thanks for tha help. I kinda thaught the vibrating was not normal. But My hubby kept tellin me it was ok....as for tha radio, is there some sort of diagram or something I can look at to re wire it. I have never done this before.

FormulaLT1
12-09-2006, 05:30 PM
http://shbox.com/1/radio_schematic_1996.jpg

ikeyballz
12-09-2006, 09:39 PM
haha, kinda confusing diagram. try check your radio, if its not stock, try remove it.. if theres random wires all over the place, check some for always hot- power on while the ign. is off...most aftermarket decks need it to keep the memory. if anything, he eithier chopped and forgot to put it on or it wiggled loose. its bad to leave that dangling too cuz if it shorts out with the body of the car you might see some magic smoke..or worse yet, car fire @_@;

well, prolly not since its so low amp rating..but just to be safe..

Add your comment to this topic!