Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2006 Civic Rear tires are out of round.....

redbug
12-08-2006, 05:53 AM
Hello,

My 2006 Civic EX rear tires have lumps and depressions... I noticed it because I was feeling vibrations in the rear of the car.

I have 19,000 mles on the car. I must admit that I did not rotate the tires yet. I usually rotate the tires on my cars once a year...

Warranty claims every 6000 miles...

Am I SOL on this?

Has anyone else noticed tire imperfections on the EX 4 door sedan?

BlackGT2000
12-08-2006, 05:53 PM
Well I have read the reviews on the tires and they are not good. Personally if I get that problem I will be buying different tires. These tires are prone to getting out of round and are notoriously noisy.

redbug
12-09-2006, 11:01 AM
Well,

Went to the local tire dealer recommended by my honda dealer. He took the tire off and felt it. He said it was normal wear. There were noticable depressions.

As I mentioned earlier I did not rotate my tires...

The tire guy recommended at this point that I did not rotate my tires because it would cause the front tires to get screwed up like the back ones...

Personnaly, I don't believe it would have made much of a difference if I had rotated them at the recommended 10k. I probably just would have screwed up all four instead of just 2....

I must say I am not happy about this. One does not expect a new tire to die before the tread wears out. I usually get at least 40k out of a tire..... This is my third honda, and I buy them for quality... This is a let down.

I'm probably putting more miles on this car than the average driver... So, I can only guess that others will have the same problem soon.... "There is no isolated incidence" When one goes, they all go.

BlackGT2000
12-09-2006, 02:11 PM
Unfortunately the tires are not made by honda. Read the reviews of that tire on Tirerace.com There are lots of people with that problem. I would suggest a different tire personally.

Copytech99
12-10-2006, 06:49 PM
IMO most FWD cars will quickly "cup" the rears if not rotated. I use 5k miles.

The next set or replacement for 2 rears, try rotating and see if problems occur.

What tires do the 8th gens run ?? My 05 has RE92 Potenza's They have reached their rated 40k but are due, very noisy.

Add your comment to this topic!