Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Would you recommend a cruiser?

vixkix69
12-07-2006, 03:35 PM
I am looking for a cute,affordable and reliable car.I know that used cars are a gamble.Would you recommend a cruiser? I know that they are pretty affordable and cute but what about reliability? I have heard about bad transmissions in Chryslers,the cruiser.Is this so?
Gas milage is so-so.I guess I should do a little research on the crash / safety tests,etc.
Anyway,any input is appreciated.

martola
12-07-2006, 10:36 PM
Well Vixkix, Being a chrysler technician,I will tell you that tha cruiser is one of my favorit cars in our lineup,they,repretty reliable,the transmissions are not bad,so many people have this preconcieved notion that chryslers have bad transmissions, yes that was true a decade ago, but they have been upgraded,& improved to the point that if you don't abuse them and keep the fluid clean,(flushed every 30,000 miles) they are pretty good,the only things I would tell you to watch for is the lower control arm bushings, the are known for going bad. other than that they are a very fun car to own,I have one myself.:smokin:
Martola

ibarra_design
12-08-2006, 10:28 AM
I would recommend it, it is a fun car to drive.

Regarding the flushing every 30,000 miles...i got mine (2001 Limited) with more than 105000 miles and I don't have any idea if the trans flushing was done...is it too late to do it? Let's hear from the forum's best...

letxen3
04-24-2007, 12:07 AM
great fun car to drive. has very bad depreciation value so you better stay with it and like it. its great for space and loading stuff up. trans on the auto matics just drive it nice and it wont break but drive it hardcore and it wont last long. it is reliable but like i said change your oil and drive it normal and it will be. crashing is good its strong and heavy and your insurance will let you know that it will get you better savings on car insurance.

ibarra_design
04-24-2007, 09:04 AM
So according to Martola, the trans has to be flushed every 30K miles... Is it a good idea to think in flushing the trans of a car with over 110K (mine); again, I don't have any idea if the original owner had it done (the previous owner did not answer my questions regarding past fixes–I guess to avoid any problems if the car broke down on me after he sold it to me).

Thank you for your replies (last post just took 4 months only...)

Add your comment to this topic!