Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

96 rodeo panel lights

saipanskip
12-05-2006, 09:58 PM
hey, my dash lights just failed for no apparant reason. no blown fuses, no wiring changes/stereo adjustments.
any probable ghosts in the machine? suggestions where to look for a start?
cheers

trooperbc
12-05-2006, 11:19 PM
just the lights or the whole gauge components ?
did you check the fuse for that?
are you experiencing any other problems that might be related to the vehicle speed sensor out also?

anyway, i'd check the fuse and if a replacement also blows (if it has) then trace all the components for a loose or defective wire

//bc

saipanskip
12-06-2006, 09:45 AM
no other failures...just the backlights for the gauges. i noticed tonight that they are intermittent, but randomly...not in conjunction with switch play or road vibrations.
my factory stereo has been freaking out a bit for about a month.....changes volumes and turns on/off by itself. haunted.

660Ryder
12-06-2006, 11:53 AM
Wasn't going to comment until you said something about the radio. My 95.5 Rodeo also has no dash lights, save for the backlights for the gear display. The radio also turns off/on at will - but the backlights are always off. I had thought it was a fuse, but none were blown. I just figure that hardwiring the radio wasn't such a great and there must be a loose connection/ground somewhere in there. Oh well, now I have an excuse to drive slow...:smooch:

saipanskip
12-07-2006, 03:35 AM
doh!! no tail lights or parking lights either. something evil lurks.......
relay? i tried swapping the relay for the horn with the relay for the lights and it may have worked briefly (or it may have just been its normal intermittent)...very briefly. anyone got an idea?

Add your comment to this topic!