Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

First Post

Trigger351
08-31-2001, 04:33 AM
Here is my Falcon
its a Australian 1966 Falcon Hardtop
running a 302 windsor, C4 auto and 4.11:1 9" diff

http://home.austarnet.com.au/trigg351/xp.jpg :smoka:

primera man
08-31-2001, 04:51 AM
Welcome along dude.
Good to see another drag racer here.
Haven't raced for a few years since selling my car but it's still in my blood :) :)

Have fun here.
Cheers

Trigger351
08-31-2001, 05:10 AM
Thanks for the welcome mate:D

Thunda Downunda
09-01-2001, 12:59 AM
That XP looks pretty potent! :eek:

(North-Americans will also spot the Mercury Comet front guards (fenders) used on this model, as well as the unique, high-mounted tail lights)

Beefy GTS
09-02-2001, 01:16 AM
May I just say that I think that Fords are gay and that the real Australian cars are Holden's.

Fords
Found
On
Rubbish
Dumps

FORDS ARE GAY :monkeypisFord

:flamer:Ford

:finger:

Trigger351
09-02-2001, 01:35 AM
Well thank you for your insite and origionality Beefy. I think you are a lucky boy that Mummy has let you stay up and play with daddys computer:D

Jay!
09-02-2001, 01:42 AM
Please do not post the same message twice, in part or in its entirety. I deleted the "extra" post. :rolleyes:

As for bashing Ford in the Ford forum for your first post... well, I'm sure these guys'll give you an earful... :D

Jimbo_Jones
07-16-2002, 07:47 AM
i think beefy GTS has summed up the opinions of just about every REAL australian... stick to the american market ford, AUSTRALIA DOES NOT WANT YOU!!

Thunda Downunda
07-22-2002, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by Jimbo_Jones
i think beefy GTS has summed up the opinions of just about every REAL australian... stick to the american market ford, AUSTRALIA DOES NOT WANT YOU!!

I'd be as "REAL" an Australian as young jimbo above or the moronic 'Beefy', yet know of no sane aussie who wishes ill on Ford Australia .. or their thousands upon thousands of local employees. Ford have provided a welcome commitment to this country through much-needed jobs via manufacture of vehicles here since 1927, which is more than 20 years before 'Holden'-branded cars began inexorably rusting away

However it is a fascinating social phenomenon to observe a deluded little aussie so passionately select his support for one foreign-owned mutlinational (GM) ... yet vehemently deride another virtually identical corporation (Ford)

Moppie
07-22-2002, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by Thunda Downunda
However it is a fascinating social phenomenon to observe a deluded little aussie so passionately select his support for one foreign-owned mutlinational (GM) ... yet vehemently deride another virtually identical corporation (Ford)

Marketing is such a beutifull and yet so evil force...........

.....and is oh so powerful! its the religion of the next generation.

:smoka:

replicant_008
07-25-2002, 09:11 PM
This is just a pissing contest... nothing's ever proven...

By the way, you have to hand it to marketing because:

1) It keeps me employed (Yayyy!!!)
2) How else could an Asian- African-American become a role model
for a whole pile of white guys who dress like pimps (ie golfers)
3) Make you think that Holden was Australian as Arnott's (shit they're owned by a multi-national - Campbells Soups too)... ummm let's try Winfield (nope that's part of British American Tobacco)... XXXX - nope the kiwis own them, dammit...
4) Without it we would never have seen Elle, Kylie (Bax and Minogue), Vendala and anyone else on the cover of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issues...
5) It popularised the thong bikini (bring on summer!) - has anyone been to the beach in Barcelona during summer !!!
:cool: :D

Thunda Downunda
07-31-2002, 04:15 AM
I could be waaaay wrong here and if so apologies in advance ..

I try very hard to buy stuff that's either aussie owned/made. NZ goods are also a comfortable choice for me. It's incredibly hard to keep up with institutions that chop and change ownership faster than pop diva 'Shakira' wiggles her arse, but isn't XXXX owned by Lion Nathan, which is now majority owned by the japanese?

replicant_008
07-31-2002, 09:44 PM
Yep Lion owns XXXX and in turn are owned by Kirin Breweries of Japan (Kirin Ichiban's a nice drop actually too).

I was concurring with Moppie - the whole Holden vs Ford thing is a pissing contest. Built up by piles of marketing dollars by Multinationals that would call themselves Australia's Own.

Well as I said keeps me employed... And if anyone thinks that less competition (ie no more Ford) would improve Holdens quality, product or pricing needs they need to either:

a) Get a history lesson (the XD-XF Falcon kicked butt sales-wise which is why Holden had to up the ante and go wide-body with VN to compete) - otherwise we'd still have narrow body VL-sized Commodores...

b) Get a quick lesson in economics or go shopping - Qantas didn't drop their prices until someone called VirginBlue turned up... that's also why we have the ACCC to keep competition going.... (and incidentally why cars in AU are cheap - the price of a Falcodore pushes down the prices of everything else esp if it's a smaller car!)

Add your comment to this topic!