Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

crank sensor problems!!

jormoren
12-04-2006, 12:02 AM
:banghead: i have a gsx eclipse 95 and my car starts but after like a minute or so it shuts off? i try to give more gas to the car so it wont turn off but the rpms go up and down and they wont go over 5000 and it dies. then the car wont turn on after a minute or i think after it cools down. i rented a obd2 scaner and gives me the errof code 0335 or something like that but i do remember that it was the crank shaft sensor? crank shaft cam shaft sensors? what is the difference? i putted a braided fuel hose to my car from the fuel pump to the fuel rail. do you think this is causing the problem and i might need a fpr? sorry but i am new at dsm:screwy:

scizzle
12-04-2006, 12:29 AM
The problem your having sounds like the ecm is running the car in safe mode. I would initially think it to be a knock sensor problem. The scan tool your using is the wrong one too. OBD II didn,t start till 96 model year. You need an OBD I scanner. Get that scanner and see what it says. You can probably just use a paper clip or something of that nature to put in two terminals of the diagnostics port. If you have a manual, it should tell you which two. turn your ignition on and count the flashes of the check engine light and look it up for the code. the book will tell you exactly. good luck

Add your comment to this topic!