1997 Park Avenue Gas Filler Door / dash lights

Bryan22
12-03-2006, 11:35 AM
The gas filler door release stopped working on our 1997 PA. You push the button and ... nothing, no sounds or anything. From what I understand this is electric? Can someone help me on the what to look for here.

Also, it is hard to replace bulbs for the heater panel buttons? I have a 2-3 things that won't light up.

Thank you, this is a great forum with tons of great info.
Bryan22

TopherS
12-04-2006, 05:07 PM
I believe that the gas filler door release is electric. You should also have a manual release in the trunk. I'm not sure, but I'd bet that the actuator (at the filler door) is bad. I've never really looked at it to see how to access it, but it may be behind the trunk dress panel or it may be accessed from the filler area, itself. I can't imagine that the actuator could cost all that much, but then again...

About the dash lights in the heater unit. I had a 96 Regal that had lights out and was told by the dealer that the lights are not serviceable. I can't say the same for the PA, but would be willing to bet they'll say the same. I would look into replacing the unit...they seem to be quite common to find on eBay. I replaced my stereo and it wasn't at all difficult to access the components...just use caution pulling the panels to avoid breaking the clips.

Good luck. Hope this helps. :cheers:

Add your comment to this topic!