For $300, I'll have another

occupant
12-02-2006, 04:54 PM
1st Celeb I bought, 87 4-cylinder sedan, blue on blue, purchased on eBay for $132.50. Drove it with no brakes and a smashed windshield and front end damage, from Evansville Indiana, to Dallas Texas. It sat for a long time before I got around to driving it regularly, and then I got another Celebrity, cannibalized this one for parts, and let the city haul it off.

2nd Celeb was a 89 V6 sedan, white on red, purchased from a local used car lot as a repo, for $400. It had its share of issues, mostly related to computer wiring. The selling dealer couldn't give me a title after 9 months, so I made them buy it back. Too bad, because by then it was running well.

3rd Celeb is my current one, picking it up tonight or tomorrow, 89 4-cylinder sedan, white on blue, everything's supposed to work but the AC. I can't wait. For $300 if it lasts a month I'm way ahead of a $300 a month car payment, plus no reason to get full coverage insurance. The car also has a new battery, 1 yr old radiator, and 1yr old new cylinder head and head gasket. No fabric on the headliner but the cardboard is still there. I'm excited about it.

Add your comment to this topic!