Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Buying CRX...NEED INFO!!

Self
09-17-2002, 01:00 AM
I have the opportunity to pick up a CRX in excellent condition for very very cheap. I was thinking about doing it, but was wondering what the potential of the CRX motor was and what are the common swaps. I guess the car is a 1990 CRX HF...Anyone know what motor is in that car, some specs on the motor, does anyone mod that motor, and what are common swaps into the car? Thanks for the info!

mellowboy
09-17-2002, 02:35 AM
http://www.crxsi.com/specs.htm

and for swap info go here...

http://tech.hybridgarage.com/tech/4gtech/index.html

I hope that helps:)

EFsleeper
09-17-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Self
I have the opportunity to pick up a CRX in excellent condition for very very cheap. I was thinking about doing it, but was wondering what the potential of the CRX motor was and what are the common swaps. I guess the car is a 1990 CRX HF...Anyone know what motor is in that car, some specs on the motor, does anyone mod that motor, and what are common swaps into the car? Thanks for the info!

I had a 91 myself. The HF actually stand for HIGH FUEL! as in good fuel economy. I got 50+ mpg all the time. It was great while I was in college. The motor is rated at 60 HP. yeah you read right, 60. It sucks. The tranny is geared very very long for the good gas mileage. You can mod the car but its useless to mod the motor. Fortunately though the HF is the lightest 2nd gen CRX made (several hundred lbs lighter than the SI) so throw yourself a B16 in there and you will be grinning. Bang for buck in that light car I would do a B16a. My friend just recently installed a B18C (GSR Motor) and his car hauls BUTT.

Self
09-18-2002, 01:32 PM
Does anyone know a good website where I can get a lot of info about swaps, preferrably into a CRX...And the b16a is what...A del Sol motor? And what's the hp on that? Also, how much would a swap like that usually run? Also, where's a good site to buy engine from?

kidrocket
09-18-2002, 02:38 PM
as for american hondas, the B16a has been put into the delsol VTEC, and also the 99-00 civic SI. its rated at 160 hp. that motor in a crx should be good for at least mid to high 14s. My friend had motor with all the goodies(tb, im, vtec controller,jap spec internals, spark plugs and wires) all for 2300. he has it running an automatic though so i dunno if your tranny would work or if youd need a new one as well

kidrocket
09-18-2002, 02:39 PM
ive also seen the B16a motor itself for as low as 750

mellowboy
09-18-2002, 02:59 PM
Self: check out the site i gave you.

Add your comment to this topic!