Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tell Me what you think

jester_king
11-29-2006, 07:13 PM
ok I'm kinda new to street racing seeing how I'm just now getting my licence. just for laughs and a running bet with a friend, what do you think the first car in the link (nissan z350)would run ya, just an esstimated guess

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/7581/dk350z200606050412155392is.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.velocidad-maxima.com/forum/showthread.php%3Ft%3D1878&h=494&w=800&sz=40&hl=en&start=1&tbnid=FeRkOiNNb94-TM:&tbnh=88&tbnw=143&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dnissan%2Bz350%2Btokyo%2Bdrift%26svnum %3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D

RACER D12
11-29-2006, 08:01 PM
Car plus all those mods on it? $60,000+

Igovert500
11-29-2006, 08:17 PM
I'll try and save you ALOT of grief right off hte bat.

1) You are just getting your license, buy something slow and learn to drive. Don't kill yourself or wreck a nice car you can barely afford anyway. It's nothing personal against you, it's just every week we see somebody come in, say 'whaats the best car I can get for $XX,000. People start naming cars, it comes out that it's his first car, most warn against getting a fast/nice car for your first car, he says 'i can drive/i've been racing tractors/go karts/whatever since i was 14', 2 weeks later there is another thread with pictures of his brand new $XX,000 2 ton piece of scrap metal wrapped around a telephone pole.

2) This section is for street racing stories specifically, ask open ended questions such as these in the non-specific section

3) Most actual car enthusiasts aren't particularly fans of the Fast and Furious trilogy. They kind of did for Street Racing what Michael Jordan did for baseball...not much other than provide comedic material. Few have fond thoughts about them, and when new members refer to them, it generally goes downhill...very quickly.

Your best bet, READ...alot. There is plenty to learn here, and undoubtedly, 99% of your questions have been asked. Use the search button and you can find a TON. If you still have questions, great. People will be happy to answer them. But when you come on as a brand new driver, brand new member, and ask about a Fast and Furious car, you aren't going to get alot of serious replies.

jester_king
11-29-2006, 08:49 PM
hey thank you for the info, and I do already have a car its a little 97 dodge stratus, its a good car and nice to have a little fun in, and I would never be able to afford that car I was just curious and once again thank you

VR43000GT
11-30-2006, 04:23 PM
Damn we need a stick thread that people can just come in and ask what kind of cars they should get. These threads are everywhere now.

Musashi3000GT
11-30-2006, 09:32 PM
its a 350Z not a z350!
and pesonally I dont care how much it costs! I dont care if its free, I wouldnt touch that car with a 10 foot pole.
Thats the Zed from Tokyo Drift. Sports Compact Car ran that POS at a track in Irvine and only managed a 13.5 best DESPITE THE FACT THAT ITS TWIN TURBOED!

those cylinder walls must be full of holes to run so slow on full boost.

KamilMk
11-30-2006, 11:54 PM
I'll try and save you ALOT of grief right off hte bat.

1) You are just getting your license, buy something slow and learn to drive. Don't kill yourself or wreck a nice car you can barely afford anyway. It's nothing personal against you, it's just every week we see somebody come in, say 'whaats the best car I can get for $XX,000. People start naming cars, it comes out that it's his first car, most warn against getting a fast/nice car for your first car, he says 'i can drive/i've been racing tractors/go karts/whatever since i was 14', 2 weeks later there is another thread with pictures of his brand new $XX,000 2 ton piece of scrap metal wrapped around a telephone pole.

2) This section is for street racing stories specifically, ask open ended questions such as these in the non-specific section

3) Most actual car enthusiasts aren't particularly fans of the Fast and Furious trilogy. They kind of did for Street Racing what Michael Jordan did for baseball...not much other than provide comedic material. Few have fond thoughts about them, and when new members refer to them, it generally goes downhill...very quickly.

Your best bet, READ...alot. There is plenty to learn here, and undoubtedly, 99% of your questions have been asked. Use the search button and you can find a TON. If you still have questions, great. People will be happy to answer them. But when you come on as a brand new driver, brand new member, and ask about a Fast and Furious car, you aren't going to get alot of serious replies.

:1:

Oh, and I don't mean to jack the thread or anything... But I still didn't get my new baby... :shakehead ... I have some other more important problems going on at the moment... However that doesn't mean I forgot to keep looking, even though I didn't look far, becuase I have now cut it down to the E46 M3 and the GTO... Either one of those will soon be sitting in my garage... Question is, which one will it be? :popcorn: :sunglasse

Musashi3000GT
12-01-2006, 12:03 AM
the E46 M3 and the GTO... Either one of those will soon be sitting in my garage... Question is, which one will it be? :popcorn: :sunglasse

You know, I check back here every single night relligeously waiting to find out which one you get! :grinyes:

I mean I brouse through other topics but I keep ya in mind every time I come here.
Take your time man and dont stress it. either way you choose you will have one very nice and exclusive ride, you cant go wrong either way!

KamilMk
12-01-2006, 12:09 AM
Yea, it is kind of hard to decide between the two... Becuase as much as I love the muscle, I would love to go with the German beauty... Hehe, but either way, I can't get any of the two at the moment, because like I said there are some other issues going on right now that I have to deal with before I even think about purchasing a new car... As much as I want to, I cant, and that kills me... :shakehead

But that could be good, because once the E90 M3 comes out, I'll get to see how much the prices on the E46s drop... Without any intentional delays...

I don't know, only time will tell what shall happen... Hopefully soon... :banghead:

CassiesMan
12-01-2006, 02:13 AM
Yea, it is kind of hard to decide between the two... Becuase as much as I love the muscle, I would love to go with the German beauty... Hehe, but either way, I can't get any of the two at the moment, because like I said there are some other issues going on right now that I have to deal with before I even think about purchasing a new car... As much as I want to, I cant, and that kills me... :shakehead

But that could be good, because once the E90 M3 comes out, I'll get to see how much the prices on the E46s drop... Without any intentional delays...

I don't know, only time will tell what shall happen... Hopefully soon... :banghead:

Have you tried the 335i Coupe yet? I was pretty much set on picking up an E46 M3 here shortly, and then after two test drives, I am dead set on that 335i.

BP2K2Max
12-01-2006, 06:17 PM
http://tinyurl.com/

Chiquae07
12-02-2006, 11:59 AM
wow, 13.5 and twin turboed? thats a huge waste of money. dont 350z's run a high 13 low 14 stock or so? i have no idea.

-Jayson-
12-02-2006, 01:56 PM
musashi isnt your wife supposed to be getting a 350Z?

Musashi3000GT
12-02-2006, 09:26 PM
^yes. and I have nothing against the 350Z but the one they used in Tokyo Drift is a joke!

An APS TT'd 350Z will run 12.8 on modderate boost. A Z like the one in T.D. should be a low 12s car and that pos only managed 13.5.

and the 350Z runs mid to low 14 stock.

clawhammer
12-02-2006, 09:36 PM
^yes. and I have nothing against the 350Z but the one they used in Tokyo Drift is a joke!

An APS TT'd 350Z will run 12.8 on modderate boost. A Z like the one in T.D. should be a low 12s car and that pos only managed 13.5.

and the 350Z runs mid to low 14 stock.

Igor, our admin ran 13.6 on a stock 350Z.

KiillaKam, did you test drive an S2000 yet?

Musashi3000GT
12-02-2006, 10:19 PM
Igor, our admin ran 13.6 on a stock 350Z.

KiillaKam, did you test drive an S2000 yet?
I remeber that purple Z and I remember him doing it but thats not an avarege time for a stock Z.

-The Stig-
12-02-2006, 11:22 PM
I bet he had one hell of a negative DA to do it.

Add your comment to this topic!