Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 Accord, problem with idle

lightning21
11-28-2006, 12:25 AM
I have a 1994 accord with the F22B2/non v-tec. I replaced the engine last winter with a used engine from japan with ~50,000 miles. The injectors on the jap engine were bad so I just pulled the ones off the stock engine. I have not been able to adjust the idle on the new engine. I replaced the cap and rotor, plugs, wires, egr valve, map sensor. I finally resorted to forcibly adjusting the idle by tightening up the throttle cable so it idles at about 1800 rpm with the throttle open a little. It will stall when driving sometimes, mostly when I come to an abrupt stop. I was thinking perhaps it could be the ignition coil? but I don't know for sure. Any suggestions? Thanks.

gelcol
12-11-2006, 01:18 PM
I have a 1994 accord with the F22B2/non v-tec. I replaced the engine last winter with a used engine from japan with ~50,000 miles. The injectors on the jap engine were bad so I just pulled the ones off the stock engine. I have not been able to adjust the idle on the new engine. I replaced the cap and rotor, plugs, wires, egr valve, map sensor. I finally resorted to forcibly adjusting the idle by tightening up the throttle cable so it idles at about 1800 rpm with the throttle open a little. It will stall when driving sometimes, mostly when I come to an abrupt stop. I was thinking perhaps it could be the ignition coil? but I don't know for sure. Any suggestions? Thanks.
is there any difference of 1992 4 door auto sedan lx f-22 non v-tech to f22b non v-tech engine?

lightning21
12-11-2006, 03:16 PM
I'm not certain, but I do believe there is. The ECU is probably different since the model was re-designed in 94. If you're looking for an engine swap you need to find one the same body style as yours. Some of the connections may still be different year to year, EGR valve, MAP sensor, etc., but you can just change over the connectors since the ECU will still read it. I'd try and keep as many of the sensors from the original engine as possible.

gelcol
12-11-2006, 09:12 PM
I'm not certain, but I do believe there is. The ECU is probably different since the model was re-designed in 94. If you're looking for an engine swap you need to find one the same body style as yours. Some of the connections may still be different year to year, EGR valve, MAP sensor, etc., but you can just change over the connectors since the ECU will still read it. I'd try and keep as many of the sensors from the original engine as possible.
coz I'm planing to buy the headers from the 1994 f22b to my f22a.
by the way I used timming light on mine and adjust the distributor to acquire my idling speed it went down from 1000 rpm to 600rpm.
in between 1 and 0 on the odometer. and if you see a small square plastic labeled Diagnose near the intake hose ,open it up and jump the wire E1-T1 before using the timming light un plug a piece of rubber in near the engine block in front.

lightning21
12-12-2006, 02:20 PM
coz I'm planing to buy the headers from the 1994 f22b to my f22a.
by the way I used timming light on mine and adjust the distributor to acquire my idling speed it went down from 1000 rpm to 600rpm.
in between 1 and 0 on the odometer. and if you see a small square plastic labeled Diagnose near the intake hose ,open it up and jump the wire E1-T1 before using the timming light un plug a piece of rubber in near the engine block in front.
Cool. Headers will probably not pose a problem, since the configuration of the exhaust studs should be the same. You may have to trim the gasket a little to match the shape of the exhuast ports, but I don't think you should have any problems. Let me know how it goes, and how loud it is, I've been considering putting headers on mine.

gelcol
12-13-2006, 09:51 AM
Cool. Headers will probably not pose a problem, since the configuration of the exhaust studs should be the same. You may have to trim the gasket a little to match the shape of the exhuast ports, but I don't think you should have any problems. Let me know how it goes, and how loud it is, I've been considering putting headers on mine.
the guy is selling $100.00 dc got dents on the down pipe. its this cheap?

lightning21
12-16-2006, 11:43 AM
Well, DC makes a good product but I don't how important name-brand stuff is to you. I did a quick search on ebay and you can get either chrome or stainless steel headers starting around $65. You can check it out at http://motors.search.ebay.com/92-accord-headers_W0QQfromZR40QQsatitleZ92Q20accordQ2cQ20hea ders
I might just go with that option, because that would ensure that they fit your car and you woudln't have to worry about the fitment from a 94. And if the set he's selling is dented on the downpipe, well it depends how bad the dent is, but it will reduced exhaust flow and could possibly lead to stress fractures in the pipes when you heat them up.

Add your comment to this topic!