Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ford Probe Weight Reductions

myblack93pgt
11-27-2006, 12:56 PM
I have been a Probe enthusiast for over 10 years now. Through this time I have been a follower of all the major Probe sites and message boards etc.

One of my first concerns with my 93 Probe GT was with the lack of horsepower. Of course I had several options to choose in order to get more power. At the time of my first purchase however I was a little short on money so a custom turbocharger or supercharger was out of the question.

Often the best modifications you can make for the best performance increases are absolutely free. I developed a weight reductions plan that can increase your Probes horsepower significantly. Of course you have the ability to remove any components you wish.

Since I consider myself a hardcore performance enthusiast I removed just about every component I could think of including the passenger seat, rear seat, cushions, speakers, all carpet and liner, trunk lining, spare tire, and jack. There are several more things you can remove to get more power. By removing just the components I have mentioned above you will already notice an increase in the cars acceleration. For a more detailed list of the components you can remove check out my weight reductions page: http://www.importmodifications.com/probeweightred.html Also if you can think of any additional weight reductions please let me know so I can list them.

Good luck modding your Probe they are great cars! Just need a little more power.

- Blair

Add your comment to this topic!