Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Crazed Inspiration

Dyno247365
11-26-2006, 10:05 PM
I got pulled over for speeding for the first time in my life, and while the cop was talking to me, all I could think about was "i want to go faster, I want to go faster" directly after he said "you blew by me at 49 in a 20". So as soon as he gave me the ticket, he let me off easy w/ a traffic violation, I pulled away from him to 30 or 35, and I all I could think then was....That's it, I WANT TO BE A RACE CAR DRIVER!!! Can someone tell me how my mind works like this?

Planning on buying a go kart for the summer (dunno which class). I hear they're the best way to learn, and I'll try to autocross if I can find a place to do it before I sell my 240.

Polygon
11-26-2006, 10:11 PM
Two very good ideas. Solo II auto-x is all about car control rather than brute force, plus you're only racing the clock. Go carts are a good idea too, a lot of professionals get their start there. Plus, they are a freaking blast!

Dyno247365
11-26-2006, 10:16 PM
On a more serious note, while driving on a road course is fun, some people I've talked to said if I was serious about getting into a good race series, in this country, karting on an oval would be the way to do it. I had thought that I could race karts on a road course and then If I wanted since I had the seat time, transfer to ovals for modifieds or something. No go? Should I really decide what I want to race first?

On a road course, I thought the Formula 2000s were really cool, I watched them race at Limerock, screaming through the chicane.

Polygon
11-26-2006, 10:23 PM
This is just my opinion, but road racing is more exciting to me not from just a spectators standpoint. Oval racing is boring.

Dyno247365
11-26-2006, 10:57 PM
This is just my opinion, but road racing is more exciting to me not from just a spectators standpoint. Oval racing is boring.

So have you ever oval raced? You won't know until you try.

I agree that I'd rather road race but check out Indycar, they do BOTH.

Polygon
11-26-2006, 11:01 PM
I have raced on an oval with a go cart and the road courses are a crapload more fun. I don't like oval racing period, that's just me. If I want to take a nap I turn on NASCAR. I only like to watch it when they race the two road course a year.

Add your comment to this topic!