Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

which ebay intake...

Blind
11-26-2006, 07:06 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=006&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=160055750230&rd=1,1

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=006&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=160054920111&rd=1,1

there's no installed pics of the 2nd, but they both probably stick the filter in the same place?

ZL1power69
11-26-2006, 10:08 PM
get the first one. i got that one but the one piece version. they are all the same and all filters are a reuseable type.

TheBrettster
11-26-2006, 11:23 PM
i bought the same one to

laxman21
11-27-2006, 11:19 AM
Does it come with a filter?

Can someone post a picture of theirs?

TheBrettster
11-27-2006, 02:35 PM
Yes

ZL1power69
11-27-2006, 03:54 PM
Does it come with a filter?

Can someone post a picture of theirs?
any intake you get will come with a filter. heres a pic of my one piece ebay intake w/K&N filter installed:
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6007/engine1go1.jpg

laxman21
11-29-2006, 10:53 PM
Did it come with the K&N?

BlazerLT
11-30-2006, 01:27 PM
First one.

Get the one with the chrome right up to the TB hat.

ZL1power69
11-30-2006, 01:50 PM
Did it come with the K&N?
some come with a K&N and some come with genaric filters. They all work the same. get the one in the first link.

Eslhockey92g
11-30-2006, 02:39 PM
I have the First one to and no problems, mine came w/ a generic filter but i just put on a k&n. One thing that isnt really clear is mounting it. where the MAF gets sandwiched is kinda of tricky to mount, You may have to get creative with yours. there is a braket that usally comes with that supports it all. but its not very clear where and how

ZL1power69
11-30-2006, 06:32 PM
I have the First one to and no problems, mine came w/ a generic filter but i just put on a k&n. One thing that isnt really clear is mounting it. where the MAF gets sandwiched is kinda of tricky to mount, You may have to get creative with yours. there is a braket that usally comes with that supports it all. but its not very clear where and how
i had that problem as well. u have to sandwich the bracket between a clamp to get it on. even then it still moves around a bit.

old_master
11-30-2006, 10:09 PM
With a little knowledge of physics and how an internal combustion engine operates, you'll be able to decide which cold air intake system to buy.

There are four things that need to be done to the fuel before it can burn efficiently in an internal combustion engine. First it needs to be atomized. This is accomplished when the fuel is pressurized by the fuel pump and released out of the injector/s as a fine spray or mist. Next it needs to be vaporized. This is done as the air/fuel mixture travels through the warm, (195 degree) intake manifold. The next step is to compress the air/fuel mixture, and finally, ignite it.

"Cold air intake" systems, (how "cold" can that air really be without refrigerating it?) provide exactly the opposite of what an engine needs to vaporize the fuel mixture rapidly. Warm air is easier to vaporize due to the fact that it is less dense and requires less fuel to obtain a 14.7:1 A/F ratio. All engines have a cold enrichment system. It may be in the form of a choke, as with carburetors, or a computer controlled system that calculates how much fuel to provide. Back in the days of carburetors, before computer controlled fuel systems, there was a tube that was connected to a heat shield on the exhaust manifold. The tube directed warm air to the air cleaner. This tube provided warm, (less dense) air for the fuel to mix with. This helped with the vaporization process until the intake manifold warmed up sufficiently. On computer controlled, fuel injected engines, the tube is not necessary because the computer can monitor and adjust fuel mixture rapidly and efficiently. Whatever the intake air temperature is, it will be heated to about 195 degrees before it is drawn into the combustion chamber for burning. Engines run more efficiently when they "inhale" warm air, that's one of the reasons they get better fuel mileage in the Summer.

With this information, you can easily make a decision on which cold air intake system to buy. Bottom line is marketing hype, it will do nothing for performance. The only advantages would be lower fuel mileage, more induction noise, a thinner wallet, and a pretty chrome tube. If that's what you're looking for, go for it. Hope this helps with your decision.

ZL1power69
11-30-2006, 11:04 PM
yea the intakes don't really cool the incoming air. the engine is gonna breath the same temp air (what ever temp the outside air is) reguardless of what intake u have. if its 40 degrees out, thats the temp air the engine is getting, just the engine is breathing through a less restrictive intake assembly and thats why intakes help performance.

BlazerLT
12-01-2006, 12:24 AM
No offense, but anyone saying performance intakes do nothing for performance need to check out the 1000s of dyno sheets online that prove them wrong.

They don't produce large amounts of horsepower , but they help.

TheBrettster
12-01-2006, 12:36 AM
Anything has got to be better than the stock junk.

Blind
12-09-2006, 07:26 AM
I just finished installing the one from the first link.

I got it (luckily) with black silicone clamps as I requested when I paid for it, and I spray painted the (polished aluminum) tubing with black primer spray paint before installing.

The blue air filter it came with looks retarded, I'll wait until it gets dirty then replace with a K&N down the road.

for anyone else considering getting one of these kits from that seller, make sure you have a tube of RTV on hand when you install it, the rubber grommit that the IAT sensor gets relocated into on the tubing the kit comes with is not properly sized to the hole in the piping, so it is loose and without a dab of RTV around the grommit would definately introduce a vacuum leak, since the sensor is after the MAF so it would be letting in unmetered air!

other than that, the kit is nice, the couplers are perfect sized and everything fit in place, it was a 10 minute install for me.

I took it for a test drive, going slow and light throttle until the engine was up to thermostat temp, then I got on a freeway onramp and nailed it, the truck has a funny little growl to it now that I must admit sounds pretty cool :)

who knows about performance, but my stock filter needed replacing and was horribly dirty from my offroading trip at gorman off-road park last weekend, so I'm sure it's at least better than that filter was...until I get this one filthy since it's exposed more, haha

TheBrettster
12-09-2006, 03:01 PM
Yea I bought one to i had a problem hooking up the damn MAF sensor the cord was to short. The gromit also falls threw the hole so I glue the gromit in there.

5 Minute installed. I already had the airbox out.

BlazerLT
12-09-2006, 04:35 PM
Dont replace the blue filter.

They are all the same. They are cotton gauze. The K&N filter is not any better nor is it constructed differently.

Blind
12-09-2006, 04:54 PM
the K&N is not blue though ;)

BlazerLT
12-09-2006, 05:08 PM
when you clean and reoil you can use the K&N refill kit and the red oil.

There you go, no more money spent.

TheBrettster
12-10-2006, 01:05 AM
I like the blue :)

Add your comment to this topic!