Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

turbo problems

wanaplay134
11-26-2006, 06:39 PM
alright since owning my talon ive put maybe 1k miles on the car. I am now on my 2nd turbo already and dont know why. the last turbo was a piece it was cracked and everything. the last turbo i got was real clean had no shaft play or anything installed it and great boost and all that. now i went out to go somewhere and everytime i came near boost i was blowing blue smoke so im like you have to be kidding me my turbo is bad again. so when i got back home i tried to spool it and it sounded like the damn thing was going to explode.

so anyway do you guys think my oil pump is going bad or something i have a stainless feed line but i cant get the damn bolt out of my filter housing and i cant get the filter housing off the car for some reason so it hasnt been installed.

any comments will be nice this is really starting to get on my nerves

Black99GST
11-26-2006, 10:32 PM
is it thick blue smoke? or just like regular smoke with a blue tint? i would check the valve cover breater hose, if thats putting oil into your intake, it will make cause it to burn (easy fix with a cheap inline fuel filter). also, the intercooler could be full of oil from your last blown "boost maker" so you could also clean that out with some gasoline... hopefully that will solve your problem. :2cents:

Add your comment to this topic!