Previa Auto Oiler

jeffb1952
11-25-2006, 09:12 AM
I have a 91 Previa with 296,000 miles. It has been oozing oil for the last 50,000 miles but now the flow has greatly increased and the auto-oiler resevoir is going down fast. I checked the dipstick, and the oil level is way up the stick. Has anyone had any experience with an overactive oiler?

Wayne Delbert
03-16-2007, 02:25 PM
I have a 91 Previa with 296,000 miles. It has been oozing oil for the last 50,000 miles but now the flow has greatly increased and the auto-oiler resevoir is going down fast. I checked the dipstick, and the oil level is way up the stick. Has anyone had any experience with an overactive oiler?

I had this problem with my 91 Previa several years ago. The dealer said it was because the oil level sensor had become saturated with oil. To replace it was quite expensive, so I drained the auto-oiler resevoir and disconnected the sensor wire underneath the resevoir. This caused the engine oil level light in the dash to flash continuously so I put a piece of black vinyl tape over the light so you don't see it flashing. Just remember to check the oil level once in a while. Mine still doesn't use any oil at 300,000 km

Add your comment to this topic!