Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Weird electrical problem

kbasham03
11-24-2006, 09:24 PM
I have a 93 tsi, and today when I was driving everytime i hit my brakes my headunit would turnoff, I got home turn off my car, go to turn it back on and nothing. Jumped it, it started, so i bought a new battery. Starts fine. Now I have no acc functions, my radio doesnt work when i turn the ignition to acc.And when I turn the car off one click (from on to acc) after driving, my radio just turns off. My power door locks or keyless entry dont work now either. I dont have the cover for my fuse case So i dont know if there is a fuse for acc or not. Anyone have any idea what the problem is? And a pic of the interior fuse case cover would be appreciated, thanks.

Thor06
11-24-2006, 09:43 PM
Hey man, please read the rules and post in the correct subforums.

vanilla gorilla
11-24-2006, 10:39 PM
Its a fuse in the box up under the hood. Your old battery was probably fine and didn't need to be replaced. The problem is the fuse for your alternator is blown, its a big wierd looking fuse and costs like 3 dollars I think. With it blown your battery won't charge and some of your accesories won't work.

kbasham03
11-25-2006, 08:13 AM
The alt. relay..? Is that what your talking about..?

kbasham03
11-25-2006, 12:36 PM
its not the fuse I checked it. Anyother suggestions?

Blackcrow64
11-25-2006, 01:45 PM
Sounds like a bad ground... Bad grounds can cause all sorts of wierd problems like that. I recently had a foglight on the Firebird that would come and go whenever it pleased. I finally tore the whole thing apart to find an extremely corroded ground wire. Replaced it, sanded everything up and its had no problems since.

kbasham03
11-25-2006, 01:55 PM
I dunno man, I'm stumped. It drained my battery, but the alt. is new. I have no way to start it up right now either.

kbasham03
11-25-2006, 03:21 PM
I changed the ign fuse, now everything is good, dont ask me how that worked out..?

Add your comment to this topic!