Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1977 Skylark, more power.

ishbooisland
11-22-2006, 10:29 PM
Hi I own a 1977 Buick Skylark S/R with the 3.8L V6. The engine runs great, and the car is in great condition, but there is one problem... it has zero power. This is a v6 that puts out 110 horsepower... and thats it. I wanted to know if it would be better to buy a 350 and put it in (coarse I would have to change a lot of other things too). Or get the engine rebuilt, slap a 4 barrel carb on it, and get better headers. Either way I will have to redo the front end because who knows how old the bushings and everything are... they have probably never been changed. The back end as well would have to be redone with new leaf springs and what not. Also if anyone knew any big differences between what they put in the 350 version of my car and the 231 version. For instance the tranny, or the back end? Really all I'm looking for is a way to give it more power... the fact that my girlfriends little L4 chevy puts out more horsepower than my car makes me sick. One more thing to ponder on... Would the L6 4.1L from the nova of that year fit my car? :iceslolan Would it be more powerfull? Thanks In advance.

-Darrin

Add your comment to this topic!