Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Power Lock problem on 2006 T&C

wl73784
11-22-2006, 09:59 AM
The power locks on my 2006 T&C have stopped working. The lock/unlock switch on the doors do nothing and the keyless entry makes the car beep like it locked/unlocked the car but it does nothing.

Any Ideas? I looked at the fuses but I couldn't find one the was labeled Power Locks and nothing else seems to affected.

Pls help, I don't want to have to take it to the dealer.

Thanks,

Bill

vipergg
11-22-2006, 05:58 PM
This is all controlled by the BCM , a cheap thing to try would be to go under the hood and pull the IOD fuse which is located under the fuse and relay center which is just above the battery . Might not fix anything but it something to try .

pentabob
11-23-2006, 05:25 AM
Hi wl73784,
I have a 98 Caravan (not positive this will be the exact same but figured any bit of info may help), there are a couple of places to check quickly, 1) fuse 28 in the power distribution center (under the hood) feeds the locks, it is a 10 amp fuse, 2) in the main junction box under the dash on the driver side of the 98, there are a series of what are called "PTC"s ("positive temperature coefficient" devices) , essentially they are self resetting fuses, they are used in systems such as the locks, windows and such in the event the operator holds the switch too long, they open similar to a fuse, but after they cool down they re-close to let the system operate normally again, for the locks it is PTC #3, a 9 amp perhaps it tripped and did not reset.
Again, my diagrams are for a 98 GC Sport but my hunch is the basics will be the same,
Have A Good Hoilday,
Keep us posted on what you find,
Bob

wl73784
11-25-2006, 11:30 AM
I replaced the 20A IOD fuse. Thanks for all your help

Bill

vamc
11-25-2006, 08:34 PM
BCM cheep? wow. where are you getting one of those cheep? I think they go for approx 250bucks from the dealer. how cheep were you thinking?

wl73784
11-27-2006, 08:14 AM
I think he was saying it's cheap to "Replace the IOD fuse in the BCM".

halljow
11-27-2006, 05:49 PM
Hey guys, I ran across this message and it applied to me also. I have a 2005 Grand Caravan. I have used this forum before for my geo but today is the first time for the van.

I did remove the IOD fuse and this seemed to fix my problem. My question is what caused the problem to begin with? And this BCM seems to be a big problem is this a sign that my BCM is begining to fail?

Thanks alot for the input!

vamc
11-27-2006, 06:59 PM
ok!

vipergg
11-27-2006, 09:13 PM
Hey guys, I ran across this message and it applied to me also. I have a 2005 Grand Caravan. I have used this forum before for my geo but today is the first time for the van.

I did remove the IOD fuse and this seemed to fix my problem. My question is what caused the problem to begin with? And this BCM seems to be a big problem is this a sign that my BCM is begining to fail?

Thanks alot for the input!
It is a computer and functions like one , occasionaly functions get hung up . What do you do with a normal computer , you reboot which is what pulling the IOD does . I think chryslers engineers and microsfts engineers got together when they wrote the programming. :-)

Add your comment to this topic!