Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fast & Furious shifting

compwc18
09-15-2002, 11:50 AM
Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to make it click when you shift like in the green Mitsubishi Eclipse in the beginning when he maxes out his car? is it possible to to make it click like that everytime u shift??? If so what do u do???

wagsaccordsir
09-15-2002, 12:00 PM
Yea Just keep watching The Fast and the Furious and it will come to you, kinda like osmosis.

compwc18
09-15-2002, 12:35 PM
What do u mean keep watching it and it will come to me??? what is it you need to do?

wagsaccordsir
09-15-2002, 12:48 PM
What is it I need to do? LOL

compwc18
09-15-2002, 01:04 PM
Do u know how to make it click while u switch gears like in Fast & Furious??

Redline_civic91
09-15-2002, 01:15 PM
:bloated: im not sure if you can its a movie, but a guy at a shop here in cali said something about that. you might be able to but im not sure

wagsaccordsir
09-15-2002, 01:47 PM
Yea when you shift, you just say "click" shift again, "click" and so forth. Now your on your way to movie stardom. Hey maybe you could pick up a role F&F 3.

NuEra
09-15-2002, 05:04 PM
Hey, I know just what youre talking about. I saw the movie the other day and I heard the click, but its more of a clank. It sounds nice as hell but I think thats just a hollywood sound effect. I instaled a short shifter and poly-bushings and the sound doesnt come. Maybe if you just put some loose washers on something...

DVSNCYNIKL
09-15-2002, 08:15 PM
wagsaccordsir: If you don't have the answer to the persons question, please keep your comments to yourself.

kidrocket
09-15-2002, 10:21 PM
y shortshifter is so short that it rubs on the exhaust every now and then. Its kind like a metal on metal "SHINK" when i shift

EFsleeper
09-16-2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by DVSNCYNIKL
wagsaccordsir: If you don't have the answer to the persons question, please keep your comments to yourself.

You cant blame him for getting on someone who wants his shifter to make Hollywood sound effects.

EFsleeper
09-16-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by EFsleeper

You cant blame him for getting on someone who wants his shifter to make Hollywood sound effects.

Oh wait, youre a moderator and you can do what you want.

liquid8
09-16-2002, 01:46 PM
that does sound tight. i haven't heard of anyone outside of that movie having it though. but how about that chirp vin diesels rx7 had when he shifts and he hadn't even pushed the gas down. it chirpped when he put the clutch in. now that's hollywood

93speed
09-16-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by DVSNCYNIKL

And no yelling at the other guy for not doing a SEARCH? This topic has been covered quite a few times :rolleyes:

DVSNCYNIKL
09-16-2002, 02:51 PM
I'm pretty sure for all those concerned if you just found out about something, asked a question, got smartass remarks you would enjoy that.:rolleyes:

wagsaccordsir
09-16-2002, 03:08 PM
Let me tell you something smartass! One, my feelings weren't hurt! Two, someone was asking a legit question who was trying to find out what was used to make that sound. Nothing pisses me more off than a newbie coming on here cracking jokes on people who have serious and legit questions. It doesn't help the cause that AF is here for. Now I wasn't saying that you couldn't joke, just answer his fuckin question and then maybe crack a joke. But don't come at me with your shit cuz personally I don't waste my time with idle chit chat, got it!

And we also enjoy getting nasty grams from the "Moderator"! I thought this was rather cute and almost infantile, so I thought I would share. Sounds to me like I pissed in his cheerios!

kidrocket
09-16-2002, 04:08 PM
i thought this was appropriate

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/510355stfun00b.jpg

Twisted4runner
09-16-2002, 09:11 PM
What you do is cut the carpet away from behind the clutch and depress the clutch harder than normal

There is your clicking sound it is not from the shifter its from the clutch

DVSNCYNIKL
09-17-2002, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Twisted4runner
What you do is cut the carpet away from behind the clutch and depress the clutch harder than normal

There is your clicking sound it is not from the shifter its from the clutch

Thank you for answering his question.

Add your comment to this topic!