Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Driving classes

BlackGT2000
11-21-2006, 02:31 PM
I just returned from a class in north carolina where I got to drive on a rally track with a variety of cars. It is essentially for combat applications so not only did we get to drive hard and teach us to drive around the course fast, but we got to pit each other out and crash into each other. What a blast. My overall driving skill has increased 20 times over the last week in that class. What a great time.

GForce957
11-21-2006, 02:53 PM
Do you have any information on it? I live in NC and that sounds like a blast.

BlackGT2000
11-21-2006, 03:46 PM
It was a blackwater class. I don't know what the requirements are to going there. I know there are lots of cops, security and military there though.

Musashi3000GT
11-21-2006, 05:29 PM
Dude that is wicked awsome!
My friend Jorge and I where gonna do that. The classes they have here in florida are a 3-day thing. you pay something like 1300.00 and get the full rally experience and they award you an SCCA licnese for amature rally after completion.

What you took sounds more like what private security agents go through. I know the CIA teaches a course to millitary personel. One of my friends stationed at Fort Brag (SP?) took it years ago. said they train you on a skid pad and on an off-road course. They teach you how to roll through barricades, how to avoid fire fights in a vehicle, offensive and deffensive driving all that cool stuff.

What is it you do that qualified you a spot?

-The Stig-
11-21-2006, 05:40 PM

He drives a Civic...

:lol:

BlackGT2000
11-22-2006, 05:50 AM
Dude that is wicked awsome!
My friend Jorge and I where gonna do that. The classes they have here in florida are a 3-day thing. you pay something like 1300.00 and get the full rally experience and they award you an SCCA licnese for amature rally after completion.

What you took sounds more like what private security agents go through. I know the CIA teaches a course to millitary personel. One of my friends stationed at Fort Brag (SP?) took it years ago. said they train you on a skid pad and on an off-road course. They teach you how to roll through barricades, how to avoid fire fights in a vehicle, offensive and deffensive driving all that cool stuff.

What I took was more like what your friend took. It was totally bad ass. It sounds just like what he took to be honest. I am in the military and I go over seas from time to time so I guess it was decided as a useful skill set.

BlackGT2000
11-22-2006, 05:53 AM
He drives a Civic...

:lol:

Haha yeah I think the only thing that qualifies me for is a tax break for low emissions.

Musashi3000GT
11-22-2006, 10:34 AM
Nice, Ive been thinking about getting into private security with him (my friend that was in the military). Where looking into enrolling at one of those accademies so we can get our P.I. licence.
They also offer those courses to the enrolled.

BlackGT2000
11-22-2006, 04:36 PM
I would have to say go for it. The class won't disappoint. I have thought about the whole PI thing as well.

Musashi3000GT
11-23-2006, 12:14 AM
I would have to say go for it. The class won't disappoint. I have thought about the whole PI thing as well.
We can start a franchise! :grinyes:

BlackGT2000
11-23-2006, 10:47 AM
Haha yeah one in every major city. That job would never get old.

Add your comment to this topic!