Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New to the site

lelesluv
11-20-2006, 07:45 PM
Hey guys, im new to the site. I was a big honda guy but ive switched, ive seen the light lol.Well now im trying to get into the toyota game and am considering getting into a 98' gs400. My question is ive heard that the gs400 motors are 2jzs non turbo high compression is that true? If so what would i need to do in order to make it like a 2jz twin turbo motor? I appreciate any info you guys can give me. Thanks

flyinMKIV
11-20-2006, 10:37 PM
I think you might be a little mis-understood, the GS300 is what your looking at I believe. Yes they do come with the non-turbo supra motor. All of the 300 series lexus cars have the non-turbo motor. There are several differences with them from a twin turbo supra motor the blocks are the same but the internals are different as well as the NAs run higher compression. The heads are diferent as well as the obvious turbo system. You could try buying a complete motor, wiring harness and ecu and just doing a simple swap to it without having to relocate too many things or you could try to peice it together and maybe save some money. I did my swap with a complete motor and accessories with hardly any problem. I would suggest that over trying to do it the cheaper and more headache way but that's just my oppinion. If you have any other questions please feel free.

lelesluv
11-20-2006, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the info i appreciate it,yea i might be misunderstood but i was actually talking about the 98 style gs400 with the 4 light front. Im not sure if the swap is even possible on that car but thats the one i was talking about. Can you tell me if it can be done on that body style?

lelesluv
11-20-2006, 11:24 PM
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o309/juicenlele/untitled.jpg
this is the body style, i really hope its possible let me know. Thanks

TcmaBoy
11-21-2006, 01:01 AM
The GS400 has the 1UZ. Why would you get rid of a 4.0L V8 for a smaller displacement turbo motor that makes the same HP, but less low end TQ? If it was a GS300 I would say maybe do the swap. If it is a GS400 then keep the 1UZ.

lelesluv
11-21-2006, 09:28 AM
The GS400 has the 1UZ. Why would you get rid of a 4.0L V8 for a smaller displacement turbo motor that makes the same HP, but less low end TQ? If it was a GS300 I would say maybe do the swap. If it is a GS400 then keep the 1UZ.
So i take it that the boost parts from a 2jz wont fit on that motor then correct? Do they make boost kits for the 1UZ motor? Im not trying to sound like an idiot but this is a new venture for me,thats why i signed up to the site so i can read and learn what i need to. Please keep the info coming guys, thanks.

flyinMKIV
11-21-2006, 11:52 PM
I haven't heard of anyone doing it so I would lean twards the no but I could be mistakened. Try looking around on different websites to see if they make it...google is great

TcmaBoy
11-22-2006, 01:15 AM
You can turbo anything. Is there an off the shelf kit? No, but that does not mean that you can't drop it at a shop and have it done.

My question would be why? The GS isn't exactly a sports car, and a car with a heavily modified motor doesn't exactly make for the best daily driver.

Add your comment to this topic!