Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

feels like its getting held back

GoGreenMan
11-20-2006, 07:04 PM
Well first off, Just got and love my new 03taco.
Its the Xcab supercharged V6 with the TRD & SR5 incase that helps at all

here is the thing, when I am sitting on a little hill and i turn off the truck (out of gear and no park brake) it rolls like you would think it would, but if you start it up and still no gear and no brake it won't roll. Also when you put it in gear and are about to start to go it seams like something is holding it back. kinda like if you have it in 4wd how it takes a little more gas to get it going. Its not like it is actualy at a loss for power because when you do get it some gas it will get up and go! I have never driven a truck with a supercharger in it untill this one and I am wondering if that has anything to do with it.
Please help soon I leave for afgan. on Fri. and don't want my wife stuck dealing with an issue if there is one, thanks!

TcmaBoy
11-22-2006, 03:36 PM
Hard to say without jumping in and driving myself. Hop on WATTORA.com and see if sombody in Spokane can lend you a hand.

GoGreenMan
11-23-2006, 08:34 PM
Found out what it was. the e-brake was messed up and wa aplying a little presure all the time that is why it didn't work and why it felt like it was being held back because it was, and with the supercharger it was still able to get up and go.
thanks anyhow.

Add your comment to this topic!