Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

turn signals and dash lights

wanaplay134
11-19-2006, 04:15 PM
alright a while ago my turn signals just stopped working i checked all the bulbs replaced the flasher itself and they still dont work. well yesterday i went out to start my car and let it run for a while i turned on my lights and bam no interior lights other than my radio. my boost guage my dash gauges nothing lights up at all. i checked the fuse and stuff anyone have any idea what it could be

gthompson97
11-19-2006, 09:15 PM
Make sure all the connections on the battery are tight. Does the car run fine? The alternator also may be on it's way out.

TalonEclipseMixGsx
11-19-2006, 09:47 PM
Yep i hate electrical problems they are definately not my strong suit. Id try a load test on the battery make sure its good. Make sure the alternator is putting out. Try and check continuity of all the fuses with a multimeter. Sometimes u check the fuse and it looks good but could have a small break in it. Check the ones under the hood and under the dash. Did your turn signals work when ur 4ways didnt, or did none of them work? When u replaced the flasher are you sure you got the 4-way and not the turn signal? i think there are two separate. I work mainly on fords chevys and dodges but i have seen problems with the 4ways due to a bad turn signal switch. Again, not sure about dsm's, never seen the problem on them. Also the problem with the headlights and interior lights may lie in the headlight switch, or even a bad ground somewhere else.

wanaplay134
11-19-2006, 10:29 PM
yea my battery and my alternator are 3 months old maybe, its got to be a wiring issue somewhere im going to call tomorrow and get it checked out. yea it runs fine i just cant drive it at night and i work midnights

gthompson97
11-20-2006, 12:15 AM
Do the flashers work? I know if the flashers are unplugged, the turn signals won't work.

wanaplay134
11-20-2006, 06:55 PM
ill have to look into that when i get a chance maybe the plug came undone or something i dont know

Add your comment to this topic!