Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Grand Voyager Multiples Codes, Help!

Jare
11-19-2006, 02:22 AM
Hi:
I own this grand voyager 1996 3.3, the tranmission was repaired about 6 months ago, but about two weeks ago it start to fault and give me all this codes: P0720, P0500, P0700, P0731. I think it's staying in 1st gear and I then have to slow down, some times the wipers start running by itself, the radio stop functining, the dash panel gone crazy for a while. I already know the code definitionbut I just want to know if I can repair myself or I have to take it to the Mech Shop? Sorry about my english, is not too good but I'm trying to explain myself the best I can. Please Help

Thanks
Jare

RIP
11-19-2006, 02:49 AM
Yes, you may be able to fix the problems producing your codes in your driveway. It looks like the VSS or vehicle speed sensor needs to be changed and or the wiring to it is bad. The sensor itself is fairly easy to change. I've read many have problems with non-Chrysler sensors.

More good news. It might fix all your codes because the VSS effects your speedometer and transmission shifting. Code PO500 equates to a MIL code 15. Read through this: http://dodgeram.org/tech/gas/Trouble/Fault-15.htm

Your wiper problem is a separate problem and a very common problem. In fact, my 96 GC does it. I just remove the fuse during the summer when we get zero rain and live with it during the winter. When under warranty the dealer changed the wiper switch and the BCM. Worked great for a year then it came back. Search the forum. There are several possible fixes.

Add your comment to this topic!