Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

greddy e-manage ?

eurobeaner
11-18-2006, 09:25 PM
ok, i just bought a greddy e-manage for cheap and i need some info. for one, do i have to have the usb to 9 pin connector? I ask because in the manual it says if you dont have a 9 pin connector on your computer to buy a 9 pin to usb connector... so technically it would be a usb to 9pin-9pin to usb... so isnt that a usb to usb??? Second question. does anyone have the e-manage software? like can someone burn me a copy and send it to me? i would greatly appreciate any help!!! thanks guys!

Schister66
11-18-2006, 09:27 PM
what are you using this for?? You realize that only certain setups will work with Emanage...you have to have a certain injector size and Emanage doensn't have many options at all.....I would use (and do use) Crome...its free and 100x better than Emanage.....

eurobeaner
11-19-2006, 10:28 AM
if you check out my cardomain, youll see what im running. how is chrome free? and how do you do it, and will e-manage work for my setup?

Schister66
11-19-2006, 10:45 AM
for your turbo setup it probably will work, but all you have to do to get crome is get a chipped OBD1 ECU and download the free software from www.tunewithcrome.com and upload it onto your burner and burn a chip for your ECU (which has to be socketed)

I'm not sure on the details w/ the Emanage, i just have heard a lot of things about it on TurboD16.....it just doesn't seem to be the best system out there.....i know for a fact that you can't use anything bigger than 150% of the stock injector size which limits you right there....I also don't know how it controls timing, but you should search more about it

www.pgmfi.org should have info about it for you

eurobeaner
11-19-2006, 05:44 PM
well, i got a used e-manage for $80.... so, i cant beat it. i also got a small laptop to run it already.... i need the software to run it though, and im skeptical to download it off a place like limewire. does anyone know if you have to use the 9-pin?? exactly what will it do if you run usb-usb?

eurobeaner
11-23-2006, 06:23 PM
any suggestions?

Schister66
11-25-2006, 10:36 AM
www.pgmfi.org

superbluecivicsi
12-02-2006, 07:38 AM
my suggestion is to throwout the emanage. hop on schister's links and educate yourself ;) a little knowledge goes a long way ;)

otherwise, if you are persistent about the emanage. its pretty much self explanatory here.

http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/manuals/emanage_main_manual/index.html

and you can waste the rest of your money on the wiring patch here

http://www.autosportwiring.com/products.htm#Honda

good luck.

Add your comment to this topic!