Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Viper 791 ford explorer 2002 eddie

mab631
11-18-2006, 08:38 PM
Hey guys i brought my ford explorer 2002 eddie to bestbuy and got the viper 791 (good deal they gave me) :) anyway they didn't have the part for the glass in the back so it has to go back in but their are some things that i don't like. One they said they fix easy the other i didn't ask becuase didn't find out till i got home. The first is the door auto lock when i turn the truck on hate it hate it hate it. They said they fix that. The other is my radio and my power windows would work 5 mins after i turn my truck off and not open any doors. So like if i went to get gas i could still have my radio and windows work very nice. It doesn't work like that anymore the radio turns off as well as windows don't work and the lights come on. Can that be fix? I know this is a lot information but my basic question is can the viper 791 work so the radio and windows work the 5 mins after i turn the engine off (like before i got it installed) and not have the inside lights come on?

shorod
11-19-2006, 10:31 PM
Yes, they could disconnect the interior illumination feature of the alarm which should allow the accessories to work until a door is opened like before the alarm was installed.

Did you ask them to install the "exit illumination" feature? If so, they probably charged you to install the feature, and will likely charge you to deactivate it as well.

-Rod

mab631
11-20-2006, 07:53 PM
Yes, they could disconnect the interior illumination feature of the alarm which should allow the accessories to work until a door is opened like before the alarm was installed.

Did you ask them to install the "exit illumination" feature? If so, they probably charged you to install the feature, and will likely charge you to deactivate it as well.

-Rod
nope didn't charge me to install it i know that. They seam to have a very good install policy. I can even have them take out the whole alarm free of charge. So like if i get a new truck in some years i can have them take it out for free when i sell this one. They would only charge me to install it the new car which i think was about 200. But my next question is if i have them deactivate the exit illumination feature will my truck still light up when i disarm it? Like lets say its night i am walking to my truck and disarm it will the lights still go on (interior)?

shorod
11-20-2006, 11:34 PM
No, the entry illumination or pathway illumination will not work if they disable the exit illumination, unless the alarm system will allow them to program for entry illumination and not exit illumination.

Most modern alarms are quite configurable with programming, so check with them on disabling the exit illumination, but leaving the entry illumination active.

-Rod

Add your comment to this topic!