Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Mounts?

jose182s
09-14-2002, 03:24 PM
Hey, whats up? I got a '93 Mazda MX-3, and im planning on putting in a Honda B16A-1 motor in, for obvious horsepower gains, and also, for the aftermarket parts availability. I was wondering if anyone out there knows a website where i can find mounts to go from my MX-3 to the Honda motor. Preferably with pricing, due to the fact that college students are poor.... thanks... anyone with info, just e-mail me (Jesses@krock.com) or reply here... thanks again...:cool:

BILLIE JEAN
10-23-2002, 10:31 AM
just sell the mazda and get an old school hatch or crx and put a motor in that. it will be a lot less trouble.:smoker2:

jose182s
10-23-2002, 02:29 PM
yeah, i love the Mx-3 though, just so much different... idk, i almost bought a CR-X though, i just like this better, i've had a change of heart though..... i'm going to try and go for a Rotary... ill stay get to stick with Mazda, plus i can be pushing 255 hp, and 220 ft/lbs STOCK... in a car that weighs about 500 lbs less than the RX-7, i think itll take a lot more mods, but itll be so worth it in the end... this is long term anyway though, college takes all the damn money right now.... whatdya think??? my MX-3 would kick ass... well now all i need is the like $2200 for the motor, and then the time and money for all the other mods needed... ok im out.....:sun:

whtteg
01-10-2003, 05:58 PM
That seems like too much trouble you would have to convert to rear wheel drive. and where would you bolt the rear end and if so what would keep it from just ripping out? It would also take alot of custom made parts that just simply don't exsist. Sell the mx3 and buy something with a better platform or build the hell out of the motor you have. these two options are going to be thousands of $ cheaper and will be less aggivation and quicker to put together.
Although an mx-3 with a honda motor does sound intersting:p
And an mx-3 with a rotary and some turbos is just plain balls :p

Add your comment to this topic!