Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New To The Forum

Dorikin
09-14-2002, 07:41 AM
Hey All!
My cousin used to post here under the name of JDMTUNING, and he showed me the forum a while ago. I think I'm the youngest on this forum (14), but I've been building cars for quite a while. Unfortunately they all suck, or have been broken by my little brother and his friends. Hope to contribute alot!

Derek

primera man
09-14-2002, 08:13 AM
Welcome along to AF.
THIS IS THE PLACE TO SHARPEN THE SKILLS IF YOU DO SUCK AT MODELLING !!!
I'm sure you dont really suck. There are plenty of guys here that are only to glad to help you out and turn your models into works of art.
http://www.gifs.net/animate/welcome.gif
Have a look in the FAQ and the GALLERY at the top of the page to help you out with any questions you may have .

http://www.automotiveforums.com/scalemodeling/ ....GALLERY
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t45619.html .....FAQ

JOSE MARIA
09-14-2002, 08:21 AM
Well Dorikin , you have already heard the boss , so welcome :wave:

tonioseven
09-14-2002, 10:36 AM
Automotive Forums!!!

Midnight Racer
09-14-2002, 10:43 AM
Welcome to AF.You WILL learn a lot here.(I know I have :D )

ZoomZoomMX-5
09-14-2002, 10:50 AM
Welcome! Stick around a while, read about all the models here, don't be afraid to ask lots of questions. You'll be amazed at the response and how much it inspires your building.

I'm sure your models don't suck! My first models were horribly disfigured by brush painting. Now that sucked! They say you learn by mistakes. I've learned a LOT!

NEways, good luck with your models and keep 'em on the highest shelves in your house! Give your little bro a model or two or some Hot Wheels to keep his hands off of yours!

Forhod
09-14-2002, 11:03 AM
Hello :wave: and Welcome to AF :)

Don't say yourself suck or the kits you done. I'm sure neither you nor the kits sucks :) Just a little touch up on the kits you done will make it nicer. Have any questions, just ask. I'm sure all of us here will try to help you. But first of all, do check out the FAQ.

Dorikin
09-14-2002, 11:49 AM
Hey PM Man! A while back you sent my cousin some HSV/Holden brochures. Man those were sweet! BTW my lil bro is now into modeling and I'm teaching him how to do stuff. We finished an Initial D AE86 Levin, and were no working on a Fujimi Lancer Evo 3. Im also working on converting a Die-Cast Maisto Acura RSX/Honda Integra-R into a JDM-ized version. I may buy the Fujimi kit and do a hybrid, but so far, Ive done some work on the Maisto, like Volk TE37's, interior detailing, Tamiya S200 Steering wheel, in car TV/Navigation and im working on an air filter for the engine bay.

BTW Midnight Racer, whereabouts in Toronto are you? Im in also in Toronto.

kicker1_solo
09-14-2002, 01:36 PM
Welcome :wave:

Guido
09-14-2002, 01:43 PM
WELCOME!!

Age is not the subject here. ;) Plastic cars are!! So like the others indicated feel at home and pick up a trick here and there and when you've got my age, you'll be probably a modeling-pro where I'm still medium. So enjoy the ride with us! :D

TURBO_EK4
09-14-2002, 03:28 PM
WELCOME!:D

flyonthewall
09-14-2002, 04:17 PM
Welcome, i would shake your hand, but...

;)

primera man
09-14-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Dorikin
Hey PM Man! A while back you sent my cousin some HSV/Holden brochures.
Tell him to take good care of them because they are very hard to get now the ones i sent him

Dorikin
09-14-2002, 07:50 PM
His brochures are in plastic clip cases stacked alphaetacilly and theyre in sepreate drawers if theyre from different continents. Its so organized. Cant say the same for the rest of his place;) He says hi, and if you ever want anything from up here, he'de be glad to send you something, as would I.

kicker1_solo
09-14-2002, 08:06 PM
He says hi, and if you ever want anything from up here, he'de be glad to send you something, as would I. The new shipments of ferraris arive yet? :D

Midnight Racer
09-14-2002, 08:08 PM

BTW Midnight Racer, whereabouts in Toronto are you? Im in also in Toronto.

I live by Lansdowne and ST.Clair..How about you???

Dorikin
09-14-2002, 09:40 PM
Bathurst and Eglington....Damn Im trying to think where Landsdowne and St.Clair is.....is that near Spadina by any chance?

Add your comment to this topic!