Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Nissan S14 W.I.P

Bob_Jones
11-16-2006, 09:04 PM
Started this awhile ago and thought it was looking ok, came back to it today intending to do a quick tidy up and ended out redrawing the whole thing :banghead:

Anyway im happy with what it looks like at the moment and for the first time ive tried to add half realisitc reflections. Im probably going to colour render it but thought i would see what you guys thought first.

Anyway enough talk, here it is, and dont forget to comment :)

UPDATE number 3:

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/1852/nissans14wipcolour3uo0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Bob_Jones
11-19-2006, 03:05 AM
Seeing as i wasnt getting any replys on this car i thought i may as well go ahead and start rendering. So far im really happy with how its turning out but i want to see what you guys think, and what i can do to improve it.

And by the way, the wheel and logo you see faintly is on the page behind

G-man422
11-19-2006, 09:19 AM
looks really good so far. I'll be waiting for the finished product.

mycorollas
11-19-2006, 10:34 AM
yeah looks good, the only thing i would do would be to get some black colored pencil where the shadows and dark spots would be first then lay the purple over it to give the purple more contrast, the highlights looks great though, also unless you have aready started, it looks like you should draw the rim a little more the the right, it looks like its kinda sticking out of the car, dont know if thats just me ? :P

keep up the good work,

I dont know if you have seen it but heres a tutorial i did, maybe it can give you some ideas for coloring it, http://www.thegaffney.com/astontut.htm

Bob_Jones
11-19-2006, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the comments guys

@mycorollas - Ye i can see what your saying about the wheel, i think its like that because i tried to add a bit of camber :(

And ive seen the tutorials, theyve been real helpful :)

GirlBear
11-20-2006, 01:38 AM
I agree it does look good so far.
finish it so we can see the rest.

Bob_Jones
11-21-2006, 04:33 PM
Ive got another update

This time ive started on the side and reflections and lightly put in the interior.

@ mycorollas - I had a look at the wheel but im not sure if i can change it as it is drawn in quite deeply :( my fault for not being patient

mycorollas
11-22-2006, 12:10 AM
Ive got another update

This time ive started on the side and reflections and lightly put in the interior.

@ mycorollas - I had a look at the wheel but im not sure if i can change it as it is drawn in quite deeply :( my fault for not being patient

cool wheres the pic :)

dont worry too much about it, this kind of stuff is all about learning from your mistakes :)

Bob_Jones
11-22-2006, 01:15 AM
The pic is simply updated at the top of the page

I always do it this way to save room :)

Anyway ive got another update now but unfortunately the wheel stills looks like its sticking to far out :(

Thatll teach me not to listen to your advice lol

mycorollas
11-22-2006, 01:35 AM
The pic is simply updated at the top of the page

I always do it this way to save room :)

Anyway ive got another update now but unfortunately the wheel stills looks like its sticking to far out :(

Thatll teach me not to listen to your advice lol

yeah, ive learned to always draw light since i erase the pencil before i color it anyway, so you dont see any lines other then the color

69charger426
11-22-2006, 06:33 PM
Looks alright soo far, looks like you need to apply more layers too get a smooth look

Add your comment to this topic!