FB mesh wheels...?

Minnionator
11-16-2006, 05:19 PM
dunno if many ppl have seen these floating around on FBs......15" mesh wheels (sorta enkei style) supposedly they came on a few stock fbs and are hard to come buy. Ive also heard that mustang wheels fit on an rx7, but the guy wasnt specific as to what gen fits what. some early mustangs came with nearly identical mesh wheels....wondering if those would fit? (4 bolt wheels, like '83 stang gen). that or does anyone know of places that have used wheels?. those are the only style of wheels i like on FBs, other than the gsl-se wheels or panasports....:)

mwolvin
11-22-2006, 01:21 PM
I placed 245-45-ZR17 GT Mustang (from a '96) rims on my '86 once (5 lug.) The bolt pattern is the same, but the offset's wrong. Rubbed every time I turned or hit a bump on the edge of the front fender.

Minnionator
11-22-2006, 03:33 PM
eh, i was only referring to FB's though. ive seen FCs with mustang wheels i think...cant remember haha.

jcsaleen
11-28-2006, 01:24 PM
My neightbor has the mesh wheels. They are pretty nice if I buy his Fb I might sell them.

31rx7
12-23-2006, 05:28 PM
There were 14" mesh wheels that came on the 1983 RX7 Limited Edition. These are fairly rare - there were only a few thousand cars made and they were all a silver-gray (sort of pewter) metallic.

The bolt circle for all 1979 through 1985 RX7 cars with the 12a engine is 110mm. There are no Mustang rims that will fit. All 12a cars came with 13" rims of various styles except for the Limited Editions mentioned above.

The bolt circle for the 1984 to 1985 RX7 cars with the larger 13b fuel injected engine (GSL SE model) is 114.3 mm. This is a fairly common bolt circle, and I believe that is the bolt circle for the early 4 lug Fox body Mustangs.

Whether they actually fit properly or not is another matter as you have offsets and widths to consider.

Minnionator
12-31-2006, 04:08 PM
actually some of the early fox bodies came with 108mm circles, on very similar looking mesh wheels. ive seen a few ppl drill the the 108s out to 110 and then use special mag wheel nuts instead of acorn nuts. seems to work providing you get someone to do a good job of drilling them

31rx7
12-31-2006, 06:27 PM
actually some of the early fox bodies came with 108mm circles, on very similar looking mesh wheels. ive seen a few ppl drill the the 108s out to 110 and then use special mag wheel nuts instead of acorn nuts. seems to work providing you get someone to do a good job of drilling them

I remember now - you are correct on this. I remember some people doing this in the past.

For me, I would never "make something fit" in this way. There are too many variables involved that could lead to stud or hub failure. I suppose that if it were done properly then it could be OK, but I would worry about it. Wheels control everything your car does once in motion, and failures are catastrophic.

If a person really wants to upgrade and has trouble with the availability of 4x110mm aftermarket wheels, I would suggest to upgrad the hubs and brakes all the way around to the GSL SE. These are 4x114.3 and there are plenty of wheels with this pattern.

kunfuzion
01-07-2008, 10:58 PM
if you're looking for 15x7" et5 front and et0 rear, in a 4x114.3 i have a couple sets in white. let me know.

Minnionator
01-07-2008, 11:00 PM
wow, you sure have been diggin, i bet youre almost to all the way to china now!

just kidding, but in seriousness, im buying a T2 in like 2 weeks, so no need for FB meshies anymore. thanks though! try posting on craigslist, rx7forum.com, or bcrotary.com!

kunfuzion
01-08-2008, 03:09 AM
wow, you sure have been diggin, i bet youre almost to all the way to china now!

just kidding, but in seriousness, im buying a T2 in like 2 weeks, so no need for FB meshies anymore. thanks though! try posting on craigslist, rx7forum.com, or bcrotary.com!
lol, i just realized the last post date. :lol:

Add your comment to this topic!