Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1997 S-10 Blazer

I-HATE-CHEVY
11-16-2006, 02:08 PM
Ok Ok, I know, my screen name....I do apologize. Now that we are past that, I have a friend who has a 1997 S-10 blazer. Apparently while they were on the highway, her daughter accidentialy hit the 4wd button on the dash, no nothing works. So, I would assume that Chevy has some sort of failsafe device that would allow this to disengage so that it does not create a scattered mess all over the highway. Now when she hits the button, it makes a clicking noise but nothing. So, it's not a fuse or anything. could this have possibly screwed up the intire 4wd system or perhaps is there a reset that needs to be reset or something? I have not personally looked at this, so maybe there is more involved here.
any help would be appreciated.

thanks
John C

BlazerLT
11-16-2006, 02:32 PM
it should have engaged unless they hit the 4 low.

I-HATE-CHEVY
11-17-2006, 12:53 PM
it should have engaged unless they hit the 4 low.

it is a possibility that they might have hit 4-low, like I said I was not there. If that happened, wouldn't there have been something telling it to not engage though? Otherwise, they would have felt a huge jolt and crap scattered all over the highway.

BlazerLT
11-18-2006, 09:53 AM
It won't allow it in 4 low at higher speeds.

I-HATE-CHEVY
11-20-2006, 09:15 AM
It won't allow it in 4 low at higher speeds.
I did find out over the weekend that they did in fact hit 4-low at around 40 mph. Still no answer on this tho, perhaps the dealer might have an idea on the problem.

Add your comment to this topic!