Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ae86

MaxSE
09-13-2002, 11:35 PM
Who here has built an AE86 or at least owns one (or more) :D ?? i'm looking to purchase this kit on HLJ but don't know which one has the most detail...can someone please suggest which AE86 Trueno is the best!!!

thanks!:)

Honoturtle
09-14-2002, 02:01 AM
I got the Levin model, I'm pretty sure it's pretty much the same except for the body. They should all be the same quality except for it's contents. The Tohge version comes with extra decals. I got the "Midnight" version. Well, I'll tell you one thing, it doesn't come with brakes!!!!!!

p2w
09-14-2002, 02:09 AM
i have built one and i own one...so let me know if you need any pics of the car or anything..

wkma7six
09-14-2002, 02:14 AM
I've got both the versions described and they share parts. The only difference is the body. They have extra parts included-like driving lights extra seats, steering wheels, and some other small accesories. The detail in these older kits is not a good as Fujimi's current releases. They can be compared to the Revell kits of about 5 years ago. The chassis is typical of older Fujimis where they share a chassis with some other kits. The rear is a solid metal axle and the front wheels are held on with some screws to the steering knuckle/hub. It can be made to look well with some extra work. No other manufacturer currently has one so if you want one, Fujimi is the only way to go.

turbos86
09-14-2002, 04:12 AM
I also own one, hence the nickname (LOL, but I don't have a turbo for it)
Have 2 model waiting to be build.
Fujimi has the entire AE86 line up covered! well, except the Black Limited. Anyways, for an old kit, it's very accurate. The rear brake lights assembly are different for early and late models, as well as the bumpers. But yeah, you don't get any brakes and that sucks! If you want stickers, get the Touge version. Both Initial D versions (Trueno and Levin) comes with Racing bucket seats and R33 Skyline parts?! I believe all the AE86 kits comes with roll cage. I also have lots of pics. Ask here on AF if you need any reference pics:D

MaxSE
09-14-2002, 11:20 AM
Ok thanks for the replies guys! :) i would really appreciate those pics some of you offered to post, of the real cars(lucky bastards!:finger: ) and the kits some of you made. I've been searching Hlj and decided on 2 kits, but don't know what exactly differs from one another. Can someone please clarify?:confused:
thanks!

http://www.hlj.com/images/fuj/fuj03236box.gif

http://www.hlj.com/images/fuj/fuj03440box.gif

PS: if i decide to to buy more than one kit from HLJ (i've never ordered from them before) am i charged individual shipping charges for all kits, or is there a reduced rate on shipping when buying more than one kit?

S Brake
09-14-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by p2w
i have built one and i own one...so let me know if you need any pics of the car or anything.. Welcome to AF! :wave:

p2w
09-14-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by snowboarder
Welcome to AF! :wave:

:wave:

turbos86
09-14-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by MaxSE
Ok thanks for the replies guys! :) i would really appreciate those pics some of you offered to post, of the real cars(lucky bastards!:finger: ) and the kits some of you made. I've been searching Hlj and decided on 2 kits, but don't know what exactly differs from one another. Can someone please clarify?:confused:
thanks!

PS: if i decide to to buy more than one kit from HLJ (i've never ordered from them before) am i charged individual shipping charges for all kits, or is there a reduced rate on shipping when buying more than one kit?

Ok, these two that you've selected. The Black one is the late model (Kouki) and the White/Black one is the early model (Zenki) They differ in front bumper, grill and tail light design. Also, only the late model Fujimi kits have side skirts.

For shipping, I believe is it charged individually.
Hope this helps~

And here's a pic of my car, hahahaha
http://members.shaw.ca/hk20000/product.JPG

JDMzero
09-14-2002, 09:18 PM
I built a Fujimi Initial D 86. It wasn't the most detailed thing in the world. But at least it looks like an 86. It can be made to look nice.

MaxSE
09-15-2002, 02:13 PM
Hey Turbo86 i thought you drove an InitialD replica! :finger: j/k!!!! i guess it's a sleeper, you got 2 shots of NOS under that hood don't you!!!
;) anyhow can some of you guys post some of your AE86's finished products?!

thanks!:D

turbos86
09-15-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by MaxSE
Hey Turbo86 i thought you drove an InitialD replica! :finger: j/k!!!! i guess it's a sleeper, you got 2 shots of NOS under that hood don't you!!!
;) anyhow can some of you guys post some of your AE86's finished products?!

thanks!:D

LOL, She's a quick little girl for being stock. I would love you show you some finish model pics, but the problem is, they are still in the box:p :rolleyes:

Dr.AK
09-15-2002, 03:42 PM
hi,

turbos86 you are lucky to drive such a car :)
i love ae86's :)

digitalbanzai
09-15-2002, 07:27 PM
I'm in the process of building the Drift King Touge Version, sadly, an important piece is missing :(

turbos86
09-15-2002, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by digitalbanzai
I'm in the process of building the Drift King Touge Version, sadly, an important piece is missing :(

Which part? Carbon Fiber decal? TRD hatch spoiler? Dori Dori mesh rims? 20Value 4AG engine detail?:angel:

Originally posted by Dr.AK
hi,

turbos86 you are lucky to drive such a car :)
i love ae86's :)

Nah, they aren't really special, so some old Toyota:p
I envy those with Skyline GTRs:licker:

Add your comment to this topic!